Problems with going from 0.1.2 to 0.2 RC2 (1 Viewer)

Nielsen

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: A8V Deluxe (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR 350
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23258 WHQL (SHSPVR)
Video Card Model: Radeon 9600 Series (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 6.1 version 1.2.2195.38647
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5530
Synopsis::

Hi

First of all I would like to say that I am a very happy user of MP, and my girl friend is alsoïŠ

I have been using 0.1.2.0 for very long time, and was actually pretty much satisfied with it, but I would like to try some of the new things and also a better stability, so last weekend I change from 0.1.2.0 to 0.2 RC2.

But ever since I have only had problems with MP, it has been very unstable in my setup. Here are some of the things that I have problems with:
-MP stops working quite many times when I zap through my TV channels: the GUI and TV picture freezes.
-When select record in TV guide the GUI is not updated (the red dot is not shown)

I have read in the forums that the 0.2RC2 should be very stable so I think that maybe it is my system/setups/drivers is not correct (drives should be the newest). Can any of you see some thing in my template that I could do better?

I have tried several CVS versions but in many of them does my Hauppauge remote not work.

I hope the someone have a clue to what I can do (other than change back to 0.1.2.0)

Thanks in advance

Greeting Martin

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Have you tried a recent CVS release? A lot of small issues have been fixed, some of which may help your problem.

Nielsen

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have just tried the CVS from 2 today, and its looks very promising. I’m looling forward to further testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom