Problems with Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 (1 Viewer)

ljepa_ptica

February 11, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just put together a new computer system and decided to install the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 tv tuner. When I installed the software, however, I found the reception was crappy, not only that I would log off and when I logged on I would get a blank screen, then I would close the TV down and then open it later only to find reception choppy. I just installed MediaPortal after hearing others say they had great success with it and their WinTV-HVR-1600. However, I am still getting poor reception (choppy feedback) as well as poor picture quality. Is there someway to fix this, did I maybe do something wrong in my installation? Please let me know. Thanks. :confused: :(

twiddler

February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I havn't tried media portal yet but I have the same capture card. When I install Beyond TV, I noticed it had crappy reception also. I switched my mpeg2 decoder to the "nvidia pure video decoder" and that improved my picture. It has to do with the codecs.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd agree with the codec position. Which are you using? The 1600 has been an excellent performer. Do you have Cool'N'Quiet engaged on your AMD? DISABLE it as it causes a low CPU frequency that causes the appearance of dropped frames because it's only generating 18fps on average! Press the ! and see the readings for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom