[Action Required] Problems with internet Stream all formats (local OK) (1 Viewer)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello all!
    I have a problem with the stream via internet of any of the contents of mediaportal (TV, videos...). My problem is that when I try to stream any content outside my home network, the processor (i5-3570K) goes to a very low percentage of use. If I stream inside the home network, it goes ie: for Hight definition Flash, up to 50-70% but if I stream the same file trought Internet, then it goes to 2-3%. Making impossible to stream anithing as the progress is very slow.
    I've Windows 7 ult 64 bits 8Gig Ram an a Plextor M5pro SSD HD. Fast enougt to process 4 HD videos-TV channels at once without any problem in local network.

Attached are logs

I hope somebody can help.:)

Thanks in advance.
    Alex

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended bug, I'll try to fix it for 0.5.4 ;)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello!
    I've some finding that may be interesting in solving this problem. Im still unable to properly stream thought internet any tv channel or video. But, recently I found an OnlineVideos Webmediaportal plugin, its still in a very early state but surprisingly IT WORKS!! ive changed my profiles to mach my internet speed. The one used is Flash HD (But modified by me, less demanding) and the video can play for hours without any issue (almost ;)
    Can you please check my logs?
    please disregard the errors that may appear in my profiles.xml

thanks
    A

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You're WebMP problems are caused by a bug in WebMP 0.5.3, which has been fixed in 0.5.4 (will be released soon). So that should solve all your problems, I guess ;)

In any case, where did you find the OnlineVideos plugin? Just curious, I haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    To get the Onlinevideos plugin go to Mediaportal Configuration- Plugins. Open Online Videos configurarion.

In OnlineVideos configuration windows, select the Sites folder (Up left) and on the opened window, click upper left corner cylinder icon (Import) and choose option Import Global. You`ll get a new window full of OnlineVideos plugins. Slew down until you find MpExtended plugin, mark it (just click on it) and then hit the "Import Selected Sites" button (botom right of the windows).Youl´ll be redirected to OnlineVideos Configuration window, now lets config the plugin.
    Go to Sites folder again. Slew down until you find your new MPExtended Plugin.

Set your Username (admin) and password (admin).
    Server: I use a no-ip server to find my ip on internet so use only: nameofyourserver.no-ip-org
    Port: 4322 (if no default options changed)

That's it. You'll have a powerfull player for your remote tv server.

For some reason I found I can Stream higher quality profiles than web browser ones I don't understand why.
    As far I can see, it only uses de Flash HD profile as default. No menu to change it.

hope it will help to improve your soft.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    A[DOUBLEPOST=1368088456][/DOUBLEPOST]Forgot to mention. only TV is working, no Videos or MovingPictures or TV series.

ONLY TV

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    For those of us that life really far from home, that's the best way of get linked to home.
    The complement to MpExtended is perfect to see the news in an MP style.

I hope you (Offbyone) can develop a little bit more your plugin. May be only to get channel names on the list and may be a profile selection option.
    Program guide in TV will be a dreaming next step.

Thanks Offbyone and Oxan.

You can't imagine how important your work is. Really!

BIG THANKS to both of you.

Regards
    Expat Alex

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh cool, it's included in OnlineVideos itself. Nice, hadn't noticed that yet.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jepp and it can be used from any Application that implements the OnlineVideos API, so MP1, MP2 and the Standalone WPF application. I used the last to watch videos, tv and series on our demo-touchscreen-PC at work. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom