Problems with IPTV on a single seat system (1 Viewer)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have set up IPTV in MediaPortal 1.2.3 and I have massive Problems with dropped frames.
    I'm currently doing a test setup on my PC where MediaPortal is configured as single seat system.

I have configured some IP-TV channels (T-Home Entertain) in the MediaPortal TV-Server and when I try to watch them in MediaPortal the stream hangs every few seconds. With SHIFT+1 I can see a lot of dropped frames.

I did some tests with the DPC Latency tester which didn't show any latency.

When I open TV-Server Configuration and go the TV Channels section and try to preview the same channels then everything works fine without dropped frames.

I assume that it must be a problem between server and client running on the same machine.

Any hints how to find out whats going wrong?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I had seen this thread and used that filters.

The channel preview from the server settings works on the same machine with no dropped frames, whereas the client has dropped frames.
    Must be something between the client and the server on the same machine.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Do you have any antivirus or firewall solution? You should exclude MediaPortal processes (MediaPortal.exe and TVService.exe) from checking, maybe you should also exclude timeshift buffer folder from checking by antivirus/firewall.

Edit: I checked only few log entries, but you're trying to watch video with H264 codec. Do you have enabled HW acceleration of H264 codec? Which version of LAV filters do you have installed?

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal.exe and TVService.exe were excluded from AV. At the moment I have AV and firewall turned off. Same problem.
    I'm using LAV 0.54.1 and TSReader noStopMod68. I looks like the problem disapears after about 2 Minutes watching.
    From then on everything works without drops. But if I restart MediaPortal, the problem appears again.
    As it works from the TV-Server settings (preview), I assume it must have something to do with the MediaPortal.exe start.

Edit:
    I have tested it from WatchDog. Started from WatchDog everything works without problems.
    It looks like the problem is caused by a plugin. I will check this in the evening when I have more time :)

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Problem is caused by the MovingPictures Plugin. When I turn off this plugin, all Problems are gone.

When starting MediaPortal this plugin somehow causes my IP-TV drop outs. In the Ressource Monitor I see high workload but not a real overload on any one of the 4 Cores. I attached with VS2010 to the running process with Exceptions in the Debugger turned on, but there was no Exception at all.

So something that MovingPictures does after startup somehow interferes with IP-TV :(. Really strange...

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Then you should write into MovingPictures support forum. Probably is MovingPictures updating its movie database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom