Problems with Live TV (1 Viewer)

tanquef

Portal Member
October 30, 2012
General San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
ok, i believe i found the issue... it seems that the pvr 150 is not supported by win 7 64bit if you have more than 4gb of ram...

i realized this after starting all over, uninstalling everything and install a earlier wintv version to check how it goes...the funny thing is that the tuner is recognized and installed by windows, but it has this no sound issue...

i found a workaround on a windows forum, that says that if you change the max ram ussage (run msconfig - boot tab - advanced options) and set it to 4095 (less than 4gb) it will work.

So i try this setup and tested with wintv (which is the only soft that i have installed right now after the swipe), and it works!!

i tested all this through a remote connection using log me in, so i will try to install Media Portal again once i get back home, and will let you know....

if it works...the question would be to loose 4gb of ram or buying a new tv tuner...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok, i believe i found the issue... it seems that the pvr 150 is not supported by win 7 64bit if you have more than 4gb of ram...
    Yes, this is a limitation of the Hauppauge driver. Unfortunately they have no real incentive to update the driver now as analog TV is on the way out. I think they may even have stopped selling them in some markets.

well...still doesnt work, still says that no software encoder installed... i installed both encoders that appears on the wiki...so any suggestions?
    You do *not* need software encoders for the PVR-150.
    The problem is TV Server failing to initialise the tuner in some cases. I really suspect that other software on your PC is preventing TV Server from using the tuner. Remember to close WinTV (or even better, uninstall it) and then restart the MediaPortal TV service (see the manual control section of TV Server configuration) before attempting to use the tuner.

mm

tanquef

Portal Member
    October 30, 2012
    General San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    Thanks for the tip, however after uninstalling everything still has issues...so i give up..i swipe everything and installed NextPVR, i get video and audio, however i still have some issues with the tuner, when i use XBMC, i can tune for the first time and change channels, but after i quit the menu and try to re enter, it always get freezed and it shows as no available tuner..it only works again after a reboot of the server...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom