Problems with MP coming out of sleep (1 Viewer)

rich110

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I am having a problem with MP resuming from sleep properly. I have read the other threads regarding this but have not been able to solve my problems. The issue has been on going since about version 1.5 of MP.

SYMPTOMS: When MP is brought out of sleep (Hybrid S3), the image on my TV shows the MP interface squashed into the top half of the screen, and the regular desktop in the lower half. When I bring up Task Manager, it says that MP (Error?) is not responding.

When I look at the logs (attached) one thing I notice is the repeated error listed in the MediaPortal-Error.log saying:

[2014-06-04 18:07:17,462] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VolumeHandler: Mixer exception when init System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
at MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)
[2014-06-04 19:21:33,782] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VolumeHandler: Mixer exception when init System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
[2014-06-04 19:21:34,438] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VolumeHandler: Mixer exception when init System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
[2014-06-04 19:21:34,505] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VolumeHandler: Mixer exception when init System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

This error is the last entry in this particular log every time the system comes out of standby unresponsive. Are they related? Can anyone shed some light on this error or see anything else in the logs that may suggest a problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Rich

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Rich,

It's like Audio/Video device is not fully init, the error above was added to be catched before it was not but it seems it's not enough for you.
    You can try to add delay on resume :

upload_2014-6-5_7-10-30.png

To see what happen, does it happen always ?

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Sebastiii,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your last question, no it doesn't happen everytime MP comes out of sleep. Some days it will happen every time and other times it will go days without an issue. I did have the startup delay set to "5 sec" - as shown in your picture - but maybe this wasn't enough. I have extended it and will see how goes.

Thx again, Rich

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just a follow-up email to anyone else who may come across this thread and find it useful. Based on Sebastii's advice (above post) I added a 10 sec delay setting upon the MP Client resume and all the problems went away! I did have a 5 sec delay already set, but obviously this wasn't long enough for my system. My Sony TV is listed in windows as the default (and only) HDMI audio renderer, and it's start-up time can is a little slow - clearly MP/windows was looking for it before it was "ready" resulting in the error and crash.

In the same configuration window I also check the "Stop playback on audio renderer removal" which may also have helped.

Thanks again Sebastii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom