Problems with MP1 client process dying when resuming from standby, probably MovingPictures related (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have problems with one of my HTPC (HTPC 2 in the system specs). All of a sudden the MP1 client process dies when resuming from S3 standby. That never happened before but now it happens for several days. Not always but sometimes.

When the HTPC wakes up the MP1 client process has been ended with an exception.

I had a general support request here.

mm1352000 has analyzed my logs and presumes it is MovingPictures 1.8.1 which has problems with the file system watcher -> please see his answer here.

I have attached logs gathered with the watchdog.

My setup is as follows:

HTPC 2 with MP1 standalone installation. Separate media server (see system specs) wired via LAN switch and acting as NAS for this HTPC. Media server goes to standby when no media is requested after 1/2 an hour. The media server may be at S3 standby when HTPC 2 goes to S3 standby itself and also when HTPC 2 resumes from S3 standby. The media server can only be woken up by a Wake On LAN magic packet. This does not work via the MovingPictures section in MP1 client. But the server will get the wake up command by changing to the music section temporarily. After that the movies can be played.

Please have a look at the logs and advice to get rid of the root cause.

Thank you and cheers

Blue Max

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_28_01_18__18_16 - Client error after wake up from S3 standby.zip
      5.5 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi
    Are your able to reproduce it easily ?
    I think i have rarely run into crash too but hard to catch it

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry, no, it is not reproducible at will. It will sometimes crash on resume but luckily not everytime. I could not even say it occured after updating to MovingPictures 1.8.1. In fact I have been running MovingPictures 1.8.1 for a while without that crash. It just started several days ago and I can't say what the reason is. The only thing I changed recently was to update LAV from 0.69.0 to 0.70.2 by MPEI. But that should be completely unrelated.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom