Problems with nVidia Decoder when using nVidia Navigator (1 Viewer)

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
After trying lots of different DVD Decoders I have found that the nVidia decoder produces results superior to anything else I have tried on my system. My only problem is that MediaPortal (0.2.0) does not agree with my preferences.

When using the standard DVD navigator and Mpeg2Dec Filter, everything works fine (or close to, there are som bugs). When the nVidia Decoder and the Standard DVD Navigator is being used, playback works great, but menu navigation is really buggy (Only enter will work).

The obvious solution to this would be to use the nVidia decoder and the nVidia navigator, but when I do Mediaportal just say "Cannot play DVD" or something like that (I use norwegian language). This is a major issue to me as the nVidia decoder is the only decoder that produces great picturequality playing any DVD. Has anyone else experienced similar problems or have a possible solution to this?

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Same problem here..... I also use the Nvidia decoder as it is far the best in my opinion. I only use it with the standard DVD navigator. Didn't find a solution to this problem yet. (btw using 2.0RC with latest CVS.)

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
BoelShit said:
Same problem here..... I also use the Nvidia decoder as it is far the best in my opinion. I only use it with the standard DVD navigator. Didn't find a solution to this problem yet. (btw using 2.0RC with latest CVS.)

Well, I would use it with the standard navigator as well, but I cannot navigate when using it :-(

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
Since the problem seems to be a compatibility issue betwwen MP and the nVidia navigator, and I cannot use the the standard DVD navigator and nVidia decoder together, is there another "navigator" I can use? I'm sorry if this question sound kind of noob, but I am. I have spent hundreds of hours perfeting my HTPC project and it's quite furstrating when everything is finally working the way I want it, except dvd playback...

UPDATE: Well, it seems I can actually navigate in the menu, I just cannot see the selections I have done. If I count how many times I press the up/down buttons I can actually navigate. Though very unpractical, it does work for now

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
UPDATE: Well, it seems I can actually navigate in the menu, I just cannot see the selections I have done. If I count how many times I press the up/down buttons I can actually navigate. Though very unpractical, it does work for now

Anyone have any luck in solving this? If DVD navigation worked properly the WAF would be 100% ... finally! since autoplay is working and all :D

trailboy

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Home Country
Italy Italy
hey Judaz,

i had the same problem. i use nvidia decoder as well. standard dvd navigator solved the problem for me, nvidia navigator did not work...

it looks like standard dvd navigator does not work fine for you since you cannot see what part of the menu is selected...

maybe it's the dvd you are trying, have you tried with different ones? are they original or remastered dvds?

good luck!

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use AnyDVD to get around macrovision protection (i.e. upscaling DVDs over component). One of the things AnyDVD allows you to do is just skip all the menus and start the movie when you have a DVD in. So when I put in a DVD, and it "Play DVD" in My Videos, the movie just starts right up, and I don't even need the navigator.

Not perfect if you want to browse the menu, but it does help the WAF a bit.

rich710

Portal Member
    July 13, 2004
    Sweden
    No I dont hink so tried todays CVS and still problem with DVD-navigation, this occurs to me with different DVD:s even if I use Cyberlink decoder or navigator, both on mounted DVD-iso:s and discs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom