Problems with playing DVD files with FFDShow (based on SAF 6.x) (1 Viewer)

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1 and 1.2.2
    Windows Version: Win 7 x86
    CPU Type: Core i3
    HDD: SSD and HDD
    Memory: 4GB

i have two systems with MePo in a multiseat setup, wen i use the recommended SAF settings
    the FFDShow codes is selected for playing DVD files.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but the problem that i experience is the following:
    some DVD files play smooth, but somewere in the middle it begins to stutter and the final result is it stops playing, (finally the sound stops also)
    pressing pause and resume dont fix the problem, but after i press stop and play to resume the movie everyting is running smooth again for a period of time.

when i use PowerDVD for example as DVD codec,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i dont experience any stutter or related problems, the only thing is that some DVD dont show any subtitles with this codec, also the DVD menu's are not working (nothing selectable with the remote control)

somebody a solution to determine the stutter / stall problem with the FFDshow codec?
    or can somebody tell me how to use the PowerDVD codec and display subtitles and the DVD menu correct?

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi lightman,

I can not help you with FFDshow, but did you see my reply in the follwing post? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-working-powerdvd-11-codec-97452/#post825948

Maybe I provided not enough information, but when you want to use the Cyberlink codec then you should select the 'Cyberlink Video/SP' codec instead of the 'Cyberlink Video' codec. This codec does support DVD subtitles and navigation and the other codec not. (Both are part of SAF6).

Cheers,

Attachments

• Codec.png
      Codec.png
      15 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom