problems with radio streams (1 Viewer)

darknoize

January 16, 2006
hello,

i have problems with my online radio streams in media portal.
i am using the latest version of media portal (0.2 RC2).
i have added about 25 radiostream channels into my setup, and every channel is working good.
but it happens a lot that when i want to change the channel ,that the player appears very qiuckly ans then dissapears. ( i mean the little visualisation screen). the player also hangs up, and i hear nothin anymore. the only thing to get radio back is for me to restart media portal.

so if u change the channel to quick, the radioplayer crashes.
does anyone has the same problem? and what can i do about it?

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I've had the same problems, starting back with some of the cvs versions with .2 rc1. I haven't tried anything yet to fix it, just restarted mp. Not that i had any reason to, but i assumed it was something i screwed up on my computer. The first thing i was going to try was exporting my radio database and re-importing it because i've been using the same database for a while. Kind of a reach tho.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Not too long ago a patch regarding streams for the audio player has been added to the current CVS version. A CVS snapshot from after 9 january 2006 should contain this patch. This patch is supposed to fix internet streams not playing after the first one has played, but different scenarios are possible.

Could you guys try a current CVS snapshot and see if that fixes it? If not, could you post the logfiles from this bug? i.e. start MP, reproduce the bug and close MP.

Kind regards,
    Michel

darknoize

January 16, 2006
    i tried a bit stuff out now, and i think the problem is that when u go from a normal windows media stream (asx etc...) to a shoutcast stream wich is a *.pls file...

the pls files are mostly played in winamp. so i think the radioplayer hangs up after u switch from an *.asx stream into an *.pls stream.

hopefully there's a fix coming out soon.

some main buttons for the player would be cool..like play,stop,and forward rewind buttons. i believe that one skin does, but not the
    mce skin wich i use....

edit:

Maybe a litlle tip for people with the same problem:
    when u select another stream and the radio player hangs up, just keep on pressing "ENTER" on the stream, and the stream will finally open after pressing a few times....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom