[solved] Problems with some recordings. (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Accordingly to the tuning info on the mePo Tv it says 100% on the channel in doubt.
    You should never make such an assumption:
    1. Conditions can change over time, so the situation now doesn't necessarily match the situation during the recording.
    2. The readings are only updated every few seconds (I think it is 2 or 5). Therefore intermittent problems (eg. bursts of interference) will probably not be shown.
    3. The meanings of the readings which we label "%" are not standard. It could be a percentage, or it could be dBmV... or it could be arbitrary.
    Better would be to use the manual control section in TV Server configuration to monitor the signal strength/quality, packet count and discontinuity count over time.
    Best would be to get a signal quality meter (or professional with proper equipment) to check the situation.

Tuner (Just recorded another chanel) So should not be the tuner..
    Again, conditions can change. What if the tuner (or CAM) was overheating because it had been a hot day or had been in use for a long time?

In short: I would say that you can't rule out these possibilities in 5 minutes. Check your assumptions... then double check them... then check them again. :)

Will try with reboot, and a different recording on a encrypted channel.
    I suggest you try to record other channels on the same frequency.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And AS you said what has changed between 1.8 an 1.10 because it worked before :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...between 1.8 an 1.10 because it worked before :)
    This is new information (!!!).
    When I asked you what had changed you said:
    Had to reinstall mepo due to errors with wake up.

No indication of upgrade.

In any case, nothing has changed in TsWriter since MP 1.6. So, I invite you to revert to MP 1.8. I would be very surprised if the problem went away. ;)

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    True.. Forgot about the upgrade.. because i thought it did work after it.
    But as i mentioned i played with the RamDisk for timeshift yesterday.
    Kliked on different stuff.. /thats not how you should test and search for errors)

And surprise surprise..
    problem went away..
    Gues it goes to the list of thinks, no clue why, but nice that it's working again.

So tanx for your help mm1352000

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom