Problems with TV Server on dual homed host. (1 Viewer)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Hi all.

Odd problem. :giggle:

I have stand alone TV Server and TV Client setup. Both running latest test release of MP1, both in Win10 machines.

TV Server device has 2 networks active - 192.168.1.230/24 on WiFi and 192.168.2.230/24 wired into Powerline [just as switch here, it's for keyboard & mouse share, network is not routed as interface has no default route].

TV Client is on 192.168.1.248/24 via powerline [so via powerline it could see the 192.168.2.230 interface but it has no actual routing either].

WiFi router has zero visibility of 192.168.2/24.

Now, TV Server log shows:

[2020-10-19 16:53:29,501] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: started at Media2
    [2020-10-19 16:53:29,502] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.56.1
    [2020-10-19 16:53:29,503] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.2.230
    [2020-10-19 16:53:29,503] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.230
    [2020-10-19 16:53:29,572] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on 192.168.1.230

The important thing being server running on 192.168.1.230.

Now the problem.:mad:

On the Client machine, at start up MediaPortal hangs after about 15 seconds - totally unresponsive. :censored:

Process it's NOT in wait state, but it is making MediPoral.exe specific network connections to 192.168.2.230 on port 3306 [from Perfmonitor console - greyed out with zero traffic sent]. Eventually these timeout BUT it takes around 5 minutes. After that, it all works.

It looks like TV Server is advertising the MySQL link too the Client and the Client is then trying to complete the circuit to no avail [disable TV pluging on Client, no issue, so it is 100% in TV space].:confused:

Tried with and without Windows FW [tedious either way:(], both Private and Public profiles.

Any ideas and possible suggestions would be most welcome:)

TTFN - JCMP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I get the error below when I exit mediaportal after I've minimized MP to the taskbar and then right clicked the icon to select Exit. I've used SMP for years with no real problems until this issue. My two other clients do not have this issue. It is a new install on my TV server, about 2 weeks old. Titan and DefaultWide skins texit...
    I get the error below when I exit mediaportal after I've minimized MP to the taskbar and then right clicked the icon to select...
    I get the error below when I exit mediaportal after I've minimized MP to the taskbar and then right clicked the icon to select...
    Replies
    Views
    "google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local network all services work, but when I try to connect from outside, the TV does not work on the laptop, it is ok on the smartphone thanks to the "MPextended" plug. I have a public IP at home and I...
    "google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
    "google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
    Replies
    Views
    We'll, again I have posted a problem then found the solution myself :whistle: I incorrectly used "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths" when I was setting up initially and having some trouble with paths. I had clicked help for that setting before I tried using it, but many of the help links in the config utility are broken. Today I...
    We'll, again I have posted a problem then found the solution myself :whistle: I incorrectly used "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths"...
    I've been a MP1 user for a very long time. I had been using Argus for OTA ATSC recording and viewing which has been flawless...
    Replies
    Views
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from hibernation. From the Windows 7 desktop, I pressed the START button on the remote control to start MP 1.25f. On the MP splash screen, the "Starting TV Server" text appeared unexpectedly. After a long wait...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    Replies
    Views
    Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI monitor instead of the old tiny VGA monitor it was hooked up to for testing and it worked fine. So must have been something related to that old monitor or drivers or whatever. Haven't yet checked to see if...
    Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI...
    *Update Recordings do work and I can view them from the folder but can't thru the client. Link for "system specs" isn't working...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom