Problems with Updates to LAVFilters mpei (1 Viewer)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I am using the follwoing Mediaportal MPEI settings Installer settings,

Get update Into at Startup,
    Update install extensions,
    Every (1) Day.

I am also using the extensions plugin (on MP 1.2.2)

This works well for all the other plugins i use via MPEI, i get a prompt in mediaportal to install on a startup daily if there is an update, and works just fine with trakt, tcseries, imdb+ etc etc

However with LAVFilters, not so, 2 things seems to occur, first, when there is a update, and you install it via Mediaportal GUI at startup, (not actually in the extensions plugin)

1/ if does appear to install, but the LAV installer asks for a reboot, however this reboot prompt window is behind the installing splashscreen and cant be selected with a remote, so bascially you cant do anything with a remote, in my cause i have to dial in, kill the splashscreen, then click the prompt asking it to reboot so i can use MP again

2/ possibly because of above, im not sure, you somehow end up, according to MPEI installer, 2 versions of LAVFilters installed at the same time, which means everyday MP starts UP, you keep getting asked to install it, either you click yes or no, it wont go away. Next time you run MP, same question, its stuck in a endless loop.

The only way to correct this is to load the MP Extensions Installer, Click Update All extensions, then it will fix itself until the next version of LAVFilters is released, then it starts all over again

Am i the only one this is happening to with LAVFilters ?

first pics shows it asking for a reboot once i closed the "Installing SplashScreen" for the mpei auto update- this could be solved if it just answed NO to this question automatically without prompting the user.

second pic shows it having 2 installs of LAVFilters causing the problem of it always asking to update every time.

Note: this happens on all 3 of my htpcs and several other htpcs i have setup for friends/family etc.

cheers

Attachments

• LAV.JPG
      LAV.JPG
      57.8 KB
    • 2versions.JPG
      2versions.JPG
      61.5 KB

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The same thing is happening on all the HTPCs ive setup for friends/family etc - about 12 machines now, so have since removed the mpei LAV filters plugin.

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    I found the problem occurred with the Extentions plug in. A manual install cured it. I've uninstalled this now and use SAF 6.06 instead, the LAV filters are part of this anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom