Problems with Video-/Audio-Codecs with DVDs (1 Viewer)

Taky

Portal Pro
October 22, 2011
Hi,

i use MovPic 1.3.1, the Config (movingpicture.d3b) was created with 1.2.3. The 1.2.3 shows a Video Resolution "sd" on every dvd and no audio information. In Version 1.3.1 this should be possible. Now I installed the 1.3.1, but there are the same information on dvd-films. In some causes there is the correct Video Resolution without Audio Information.

The same after i tried to re-import the movies.

My DVDs are Movie-only, no Menus and no Extras. There is only the VTS_01_*.vob/*.ifo/*.bup.

Whats to do to import the correct Information?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There are two explanations:

1. The codec/file info did not get imported correctly due to your setup using an older MediaInfo.DLL that was unable to read the info. You can open MovingPictures config, switch to Movie Manager tab, select a movie and then switch to the "File Info" view to see if the movie in question that failed to show has all the MediaInfo present and accounted for. If not, then update your MediaInfo.DLL file (use 32-bit download even on 64-bit OS) and refresh the movies MediaInfo.

2. If info shows at #1, then your skin lacks the images to turn the textual representation of the audio codecs used. Make sure the image filename (minus extension of course) is an exact match to the strings shown in MovPic config. It could very well be the image you need already exists in your skin folder (check under 'Media' subfolder and possibly another subfolder depending on your skin), but you might need to copy and/or rename it if your media uses a different term for it then the default filenames support.

Taky

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2011
    The File Info View shows the same Information I can see when i start MovPic in Mediaportal.

The mediainfo.dll semm sto to be the problem. I updated the dll in the Team Mediaportal-folder in program files. But its stil the same.

But i think i found the Problem: Some of my dvds has a VIDEO_TS.VOB, some not. I think Mediainfo reads out the Information from this VOB. The Movie without this VOB has no Video information (only 4:3, but mostly this is wrong). But the main movie is in VTS_01_*.VOB and this is the File mediainfo has to use to import the information.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Do both folder types have a VIDEO_TS.IFO file?

That is the offical DVD Information file holding all the info on how chapter structure and such is, so I would think MovPic first reads that file to determine what VOB file to read to get the codec info (provided that info doesn't already exist inside INF file.

Any DVD VIDEO_TS folder not containing a VIDEO_TS.IFO file is violating the official DVD structure, so you should otherwise look into your DVD backup software to make sure it is following the standards. If the file exists then perhaps MovPic ignores it and goes straight for the VOB files, but for that answer a developer would have to respond to your question, I'm just a user :)

Taky

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2011
    What both types? A VIDEO_TS.IFO exists. But I think this is not the Problem.

For a Movie-only-DVD its not necessary to create a VIDEO_TS.VOB i think. Mostly the VOB are the codec info of the VIDEO_TS.VOB and the other VOBs don't match. For example i have a DVD (with Menu etc.), the VIDEO_TS.VOB is video-only and 4:3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom