[Question] Profile to use for live TV streaming (1 Viewer)

PoBear

Portal Pro
April 17, 2006
Northants, United Kingdom
Hi
I'm using MPextended 0.6 to provide streamed TV in the Emby (aka Media Browser) web client, I'm currently using a profile of FFMPEG http live streaming medium.

Does anybody have any recommendations as to a better profile. I'm trying to balance quality versus CPU.

I'm running MP 1.7 server on an Intel Core2Duo E8500 with 4GB under W7 Pro X64.

Is display resolution a factor or is that scaled locally?

At the moment I'm getting a less than average picture (no artifacts) but blurred for an SD recording with the server CPU running at about 60% with peaks of 95%.

Thanks

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have you tried with direct streaming to Emby? Emby should then be able to transcode to what the devices require.

PoBear

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2006
    Northants, United Kingdom
    I don't believe Emby is capable of doing this. Although I'm sending it the web client at the moment I actually want to use one of their 10' interfaces but these are lagging behind the web client at the moment. I'm using their LiveTV plugin with MP adapter

jodesi

Portal Member
    April 12, 2012
    England
    Home Country
    England England
    Set the plugin in Emby to direct. As for the picture at the device end, that depends on the output you select in settings (in the web page/skin) I find a good all rounder is Flash medium. Depending on device or network speed you can play about to see which suits you. I never use direct via the web page settings as it kills nigh on everything even on a local network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom