Programmed "X" in Girder, it writes out the X? (1 Viewer)

XperienZe

Portal Member
October 23, 2005
Okey, i'll think of that with the grapiccard.

But the TV-card... I live in Sweden and only have the three channels you can get with an antenna, i've dont got any "boxer" as they call it here. So i dont have Digital, am I right?
If I buy a card that has got analog and then we buy digital television, is there any TV-Carrd with both of them?

Hard to explain, not that good at english you know.
Thanks again!

EDIT: I already own this "TV-Card" that I explaind in this thread with no answers: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10491

It would be good if i could use that till I get Digital television.

Is there any way to make that "card" work with MediaPortal?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i am from germany so not much help from me here. :)

Afaik DVB-T (digital / terestrial) is coming in sweden. There should be a homepage where you can see, if you can already receive DVB-T in your region. Try to google for e.g. "sweden DVB-T region". Often analog and DVB-T work parallel some time.

Unfortunalty your current card will not work with MP and i do not think that it will be supported anywhen. It is a pure software card, for analog you need a hardware encoding card like a PVR 150.

Since DVB-T is coming step by step to sweden a HW analog card does not make that much sense. You can watch out for a so called Hybrid card. E.g. the Hauppauge HVR 1300, some other manufactors also have currently Hybrid cards. Those support analog and DVB-T.

If you can already receive DVB-T in your region you can directly go for a pure DVB-T card. No advice from me, because i currently only have analog. But do not buy to cheap, you won't get happy with it. Make sure the DVB-T card uses BDA drivers. Look out for cards from Hauppauge or Technotrend.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom