Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15 (1 Viewer)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all!

This is the current MediaPortal 2 status report. We have done many things the last three weeks and a first alpha version is stepping nearer.

What has been done?
    • Fixed video scaling bug (Baboonanza)
    • Fixed font glyphes in fullscreen mode (Baboonanza)
    • Added VisualBrush (Baboonanza)
    • Fixed support for jpeg images in the SkinEngine (Baboonanza)
    • Fixed small alignment problem with opacity masks (Baboonanza)
    • Added notification infrastructure
    • Changed master screen template: Player controls are now on top, changed title font, moved navbar to the bottom, added notification area at the bottom
    • Use the notification infrastructure now for server attachment queries if no home server is attached
    • Added ReloadScreen example plugin
    • First part of video player flickering fix
    • Fixed problem in skin resources loading algorithm which prevented override of resources in derived skins/themes
    • Fixed some threading problems in SkinEngine
    • Little rework of playlist management, behaves better now
    • Cleanup of SkinBase and Media plugin - renamed constants etc.
    • Added workflows for play dialogs - can be called from outside now
    • Added convenience classes MessageWatcher and DialogCloseWather
    • Small changes of some screen files all over the system
    • Minor stability issues, minor other changes
    • New Incubator folder for plugins which are not yet stable
    • First version of ArmandP's BDHandler plugin ported to MP2 in the Incubator (morpheus)
    • More work at the picture player (morpheus)
    • We spend a lot of time to examine the video player flickering bug, but there is no solution yet (all)

Ok, that was really much work. I guess I have to write status reports more often :)

Cheers,
    Albert

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    great work as always. One little question. In my opinion the Live-TV part is the most important part of MediaPortal. How does this part progresses?

Thomas

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15

Well, the TV part will not be contained in the Alpha version. We'll start planning that part after the rest of the system is stable.

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Nice to hear MP2 is near to alpha, and thanks for the hard work!

Also I think TV is the most important plugin, as also my music and my videos -plugins.

Do you have any clue how long it will take to have a basic functionality tv plugin? Half year, year, more...? WIll it at the begin connect to TV Server, or will it be totally different right from the beginning?

I cannot wait to have MP2 in use, but TV plugin is needed to use that. But luckily also MP1 has improved a lot recently, as regards to the most important things like performance and stability.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The TV area is completely new for me and it is quite complex. I cannot tell you how long it will take and which way we'll go yet.

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15

The TV area is completely new for me and it is quite complex. I cannot tell you how long it will take and which way we'll go yet.

What about using DVBViewer as the TV engine? Perhaps you can do a cooperation with the developer of DVBViewer and include it in MediaPortal. The combination of MediaPortal and DVBViewer would be by far the best Media Center Software of the world. i also would pay e.g. 20-30 Euros for that kind of software. this money would also help to develop MediaPortal any further.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

toga67
    i wouldn't want that and hope that this will not happen! As DVBViewer isn't OpenSource and everybody has to rely on their doings.

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@toga67
    i wouldn't want that and hope that this will not happen! As DVBViewer isn't OpenSource and everybody has to rely on their doings.

i know that DVBViewer is not open source. Perhaps it is possible to use it via a plugin. So everybody would have the chance to decide what he wants.
    In my opinion is the TV part a very vey difficult part and if the developers have no experience in building a TV engine MP 2 could fail. If you read the forum you can see that a lot of people are not satisfied with the current stability of the TV part.
    I do not want to criticise the developers but it is for sure quite difficult to develop a TV engine in their part time.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

@toga67

i know that DVBViewer is not open source. Perhaps it is possible to use it via a plugin. So everybody would have the chance to decide what he wants.
    In my opinion is the TV part a very vey difficult part and if the developers have no experience in building a TV engine MP 2 could fail. If you read the forum you can see that a lot of people are not satisfied with the current stability of the TV part.
    I do not want to criticise the developers but it is for sure quite difficult to develop a TV engine in their part time.

I never used dvbviewer, so what does work better in dvbviewer? I might just install it to see what could be improved for the tv engine of MP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom