Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15 (1 Viewer)

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
Re: AW: Re: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15

We don't know yet how we will organize the plugins thing. But I think there will be some area on our website where plugins can be downloaded, or we just provide a plugin overview for the GUI of MP2.

Would be nice to be able to search and install plugins from within mp, i think thats the same way the newest xbmc works.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yeah, just like and App-Store (Plug-in Store). But somehow dukus' extensions plug-in does that in a way already - guess with MP2 it could do it in a more polished way.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15

as far as I understood the system mostly everything is implemented as plugin even the skinengine is a plugin ;)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15

So even core-functionallity like volume-handling will be taken care of by plug-ins?

No, the player volume is handled by the MP2 core system. But plugins can trigger volume changes and plugins can do system calls. So to implement the functionality you like, you first need to know what exactly you want. (When should the master volume be changed? Should it automatically be adapted when the player volume is set? Should a different volume selector be present?
    When you know how you want to realize your needs, you need to check what the MP2 core already does and what you need to implement in your plugin.

For example, you could have a dedicated menu entry "Change master volume" with an own screen to change the volume. Or you could just override the shortcut key handler for volume changes and change the master volume instead of the player volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom