Progress: MP 2 development status - 2011-01-25 (1 Viewer)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe it isn't the right place, but I think WMC7 is indeed very nice, but it lacks a lot of features (=plug-ins) to make it suitable for me.
    I think the TV Server of MP1 can be very stable, but it takes some effort (here it did) and some things are a bit slower then WMC7, i.e. switching channels.
    I helped a couple of friends and of the best things I discovered is just separate the TV-Server from the client and use proven DVB-X cards.

Since (if I remember correctly) the TV-Server isn't the top priority of the MP2 project, it could take a while before a new TV-Server arrives and it could mean you are stuck to WMC7 for a while.

Back to topic, I downloaded the source and compiled it last week and it seems there is still a lot of work to do.
    I'm not a professional coder, but it is a hobby of mine and as far as I can judge the source is very clear and there is put a lot of thought into it, before actually building it.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Compiling of MP2 is pretty easy and is explained very well in the Wiki of MP.
    Compiling - MediaPortal Wiki

When you bump into some problems, you can always ask for help on the forum. Plenty of people who are willing to help you!

Don't get to dissapointed after compiling, it is still in development and if you look further then the GUI, you'll see that there are some nice features hidden under the hood :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom