like this lol

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't need to, it's the same as your one. Only difference is when you sit down in front and look at it, the wood is on the side. All I'm saying is turning it 90 degrees. :)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Whoever put "Missing steps to reproduce" on that photo... :p

To get back on subject, I had a thought about the light on the case. Back in the day before the on-screen display was invented, VCRs had a row of lights on the front to indicate what it was doing (Play, Rewind, etc.) I used this same idea to create a LED light box for my HTPC. It has a row of four LEDs of different color which light up to indicate the status (power, record, network activity, file transfer) and these lights flash to indicate an error. I find this very useful to see what's going on even when my TV is switched off. Although a row of LEDs would look out of place on the kind of elegant case being proposed here, could it at least have some kind of illuminated visual indicator? For example, whatever kind of light you decide to use could change to a different color or flash depending on the status of the HTPC. I just don't don't know what kind of parts can be used to accomplish this.

Roumec

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Sound nice, but I´m afraid that I´m really not able to do this :) My skills are only in mechanical engeenering and If I would do everything, this project might end by fail. :([DOUBLEPOST=1390927788][/DOUBLEPOST]Sooo here´s the design made by @Quarter ´s idea. What do you think? I´m little afraid about putting I/O panel, but I´ll solve it ;)

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...VCRs had a row of lights on the front to indicate what it was doing (Play, Rewind, etc.) ... I find this very useful to see what's going on even when my TV is switched off.
    I thought that we were going towards a real display like a Imon LCD - although I would appreciate something larger as font size is way to small to be read from a greater distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom