Project Mayhem 3: Cleanup and more common xml files (1 Viewer)

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Installed the skin, than copied these cleanup xml files to the skin-folder

=> MyFilms plugin is not working..

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you are having the same issues in more than one skin, you might want to report it in the Plugin forum... there seems to be an active discussion about MyFilms right now.

Chuck

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installed the skin, than copied these cleanup xml files to the skin-folder

=> MyFilms plugin is not working..
    High priority is on MPs own plugins.
    Community plugin skins, i am only able to fix, if i am using them on my own, those are not much ;).
    For the others you need to specify a skin which is working with that plugin, and what is wrong when using PM3, then i'll have a look at it and maybe find out what's wrong.

regards
    chefkoch

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I added a link to svn changelog to first post, so you can be up to date what has been changed.
    And i updated the xmls in first post.

Harley
    I attached a view screenshots with the TVSeries layout, which is in svn and i like to use at home, maybe we don't use all features of that plugin and maybe it's also not the best i think it's a beginning, because the old one was broken.

The request now is, because i am a complete zero in doing gfx stuff, could you please change the file "background_infobar.png" to a more PM3-styled one, iirc i used tetris_scoreboard.png as a base or so, but it looks a bit too blue imo.
    The file is used for better readability of the description.

@others
    if you have created you own PM3 xml file for that plugin feel free to attach it with a screenshot to your post. Maybe parts of it or the complete one will be used.

regards
    chefkoch

Attachments

• pm3-tvseries.png
      pm3-tvseries.png
      563.4 KB
    • pm3-tvseries-episodes.png
      pm3-tvseries-episodes.png
      663.4 KB
    • pm3-tvseries-seasons.png
      pm3-tvseries-seasons.png
      721.8 KB

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'll try it..

ok here might be some bugs:

- go to TV Series; See the list of names of TV Shows; it's light grey on a black background. When you press down, to go to the next TV show, the previous title disappears or gets black? (see attachment)

- When selecting a TV Show, I can't see a TV Episode thumbnail or a picture of the serie or a banner; why not? See attachment again.

- MyFilms plugin is not working and when you are inside it, you cannot go back to the main screen

- Starting MyEmulators: The emulator logo's are not shown at first; you have to change view first. see attach

- Feature Request: is it possible to show a volume level bar when setting volume level?

=> I like your skin, it's cool it's fast and most things work, too bad myfilms is not ok, that plugin I use the most..

Attachments

• Titlesdisappear.jpg
      Titlesdisappear.jpg
      69.1 KB
    • noimages.jpg
      noimages.jpg
      84.1 KB
    • myemusnotshown.jpg
      myemusnotshown.jpg
      25.4 KB

Phoenix_TT

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I really like the skin and appreciate the hard work in updating and fixing bugs.

I think I've spotted a bug, in the TV Guide the tv logos aren't resized/displayed properly. I will try and get a screenshot tonight, as I think a pic will show the problem better than I can explain, however wanted to see if TV logos work for other people ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Timer / recording infos not deleted

Programmed shows under "Timer" are shown together with their respective info screen (content summary). After the show has been recorded the entry disappears, however, the info screen is not removed and remains visible until the next TV show is programmed for recording.

Actually it might be better to not display the info screen at all in this dialogue.

Regards, Johannes

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV Guide: Slider too short

In TV Guide the slider that indicates the current time is slightly too short. While the uper triangle is OK, the lowe one is a little bit too high.

I would also propose to connect the two triangles with a line to increase the readibility (see for example the PureVision skin for reference).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, here is something:
    TV | Recordings. When displayed as "small icons" the description of the selected recording is shown in the lower third of the screen. When the display is changed to "list" the description is still showed and overlays the underlying list elements (see screenshot).

Could you please replace the file with the attached one and see if the glitch is gone?
    It appears that you reintroduced the issue in your latest update in Post #1 :confused:

giantpopples

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Hi !

I've made some small changes to the TvSeries.xml :

I reintroduce support for TV Logos.
    I use the logos from the monochrome skin so I delete the light grey color that was applied to the logos images and I changed the height of the description scroll so it doesn't show upon the logos.

I also deleted the Title info on the right side and replace it wit the "genre" field, so it looks just like the screenshot in the mptvseries wiki, and it is also cleaner when you see the proper banners for each show.

I created the background_infobar.png by slightly cutting the nowplaying_background.png file, place it nicely so the scrolling text is just inside without overlapping the logos.
    The png is provided (put it in the /media folder of the project Mayhem folder).

I attached screenshots if you are interested !

Hope you'll like it, it's my first try messing around xml files...

Romain

Attachments

• Tvseries1.JPG
      Tvseries1.JPG
      68 KB
    • Tvseries3.JPG
      Tvseries3.JPG
      42.1 KB
    • Tvseries4.JPG
      Tvseries4.JPG
      65.9 KB
    • TVSeries.xml