Project Mayhem III Download (Final Vers.2.3 09.06.2008 (1 Viewer)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi. I used to have the shows in MyTvseries in a 4*4 (I think) banner matrix. Now I have changed the skin and it is back to list mode again.
Can someone help me remind me what I did to get this nice overview?
I also have one htpc with XFace skin, same question there. Was it some special tvseries.xml I have downloaded perhaps... ?

Thanks! Niclas

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. I used to have the shows in MyTvseries in a 4*4 (I think) banner matrix. Now I have changed the skin and it is back to list mode again.
    Can someone help me remind me what I did to get this nice overview?
    I also have one htpc with XFace skin, same question there. Was it some special tvseries.xml I have downloaded perhaps... ?

Thanks! Niclas

Not sure if anyone ever created a skin file with PM3 desgin in matrix style. But you simply can a) switch to a skin which supports this, b) use the skin file from another skin with matrix style and change everything which does not fit to PM3 design by hand.

regards
    chefkoch

B3rt

Portal Member
    July 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I love this skinn and it worked great until rc3 was released

Now my media-portal keeps crashing when I use this skinn, when I use an other skinn all works fine.

Will there be an update so this skinn also works with the latest version of media portal?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    nope, if you click Search in TV window.. then you select genre (let's say series), then the list of series overlaps with descriptions at the bottom part of the window... i'll make a ss now...

the description part should be moved up so it ends on the silver part of the window.. (now it overlaps with page x of x text and "x objects" text on the next window (if you select a serie)) and the list should also be made smaller (so it doesnt overlap with descriptions.. i've tried to do it myself in myTvSearch.xml file but without success...

althena77

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Skin not 100% compatible with MP 1.0?

Hi!

As I am a big fan of XBMC on my Xbox now for many years I am really happy that there is the default skin PM III also available for MediaPortal :)

I just recently started using MediaPortal on my computer and now use the latest 1.0 version and use the latest Project Mayhem III skin version 2.3. According to the download site from this skin it is "ready for MP 1.0 and latest svn".

When I am using MP 1.0 with this skin everything seems to be working fine, however when I start MP I get very often a red colored warning telling me that the skin is outdated for the version of MP I am using. There is a box I can check to "never show this warning again" but it still keeps to appear again about every second time I start MP.

Is an update of the skin necessary to stop this warning from showing up or is there anything I could do?

Thanks and greetings!

althena77

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    go to (assuming you've got xp and default directories)

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin

open the project mayhem 3 folder, then open up references.xml (might pay to right click, and open with wordpad)

look for <version>0.9.3.0</version> (or something that looks very close to [0.9.4.0. or 0.9.2.0] the line of code should be quite near the top)

and replace it with <version>1.0.0.0</version>

That will remove the warning text, but it will not fix any issues the skin may have since it's out of date.

althena77

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK thanks, that seems to have fixed the problem for now :)
    So far the skin seems to be working fine on me, the only problem so far I noticed is that switching to another city under weather seems to let MP crash when I use PM III and that is for me not a very big issue, but I sure hope that the skin will get updates in the future, it is still my favorite :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom