Proof read my install manual (1 Viewer)

flynnd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi all.

I want to try to give something back to the community, so here goes.

I am in the process of creating a detailed install manual for newcomers to media portal, which includes many screen shots
    I am breaking this up into different sections including:

1) fresh install of MP 1.1 and install of streamed MP and Plugins
    2) configuration of moving pictures
    3) configuration of categories views in moving pictures
    4) configuration of MP TV Series
    5) set up of tv server
    6) set up of tv server to control external stb
    7) install and configuration of my emulators

I started today and have the first 2 steps above complete.
    So I am looking for someone to proof read what I have done so far, and make corrections where necessary.

If anyone wants to view this, please PM me your e-mail and i will send you the documents (Word 2003)

I hope to get steps 3 & 4 complete by the weekend.

Any input appreciated.

Dave

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have you considered putting your efforts into the official wiki manual instead? MediaPortal_Manual_Index - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

I'm usually frustrated when I go to the manual because the relevant section has not been written or is outdated.
    (I hope to assist with this one day when I have more experience under my belt.)

There is also a huge amount of information in the forums that should be consolidated into the manual. I mean, the effort to solve any given problem can be tremendous, due mostly to the problem that the information is not easy to find. Searching can be difficult since keywords are not standardized, and people often describe things differently.

My $0.02.

flynnd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    i would, but im not sure if i have permission rights (or any right!) to change the wiki,
    aside from the fact that i dont know how. thats why i wanted to put it up this way, so some people could proof read it, offer suggestions and i could leave it up to others to include it in the wiki if they wish.

but thank you for you opinion, and i appreciate your help and will look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom