Proper aspect ratios for oddball tv's. (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I run an old Pioneer "cinemascreen" projection tv, with an aspect ratio of 3:2 as opposed to 4:3 as most tv's, or 16:9 for widescreen tv's.

By driving the television with a resolution with the same aspect, in my case 720x480, that allows video to be played correctly.

Setting the aspect ratio in MediaPortal to 4:3 / tv aspect will give you a perfectly formed gui. In my case with my 1.5:1 tv, that is 1.333/1.5 = 0.88

Those running tv outs as opposed to vga/dvi may have some troubles finding a resolution matching the aspect while working properly. On my ATI 8500le the tv out will only run 640x480, 720x480, 800x600 or 1024x768, any other resolution results in a virtual desktop. Use powerstrip to create custom resolutions and test for your device.

The end result of this is perfectly formed video, perfectly formed gui, and great picture quality no matter what way you look at it (as good as a sdtv gets)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
Replies
Views
How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
I have so many symptoms that I am wondering if I shouldn't just uninstall and wipe everything and start over. #4 below is the only...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom