[TV] Proposal For New TV Features (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Am I wrong, or wasn't there a time when you could just hit F9/Info in the TV-Guide and choose "grab now"?
    Not that I can remember.

In any case, why would a grab fail? IMO it is just as much of a pain to have to manually trigger grabbing of the data as to have the grab fail. If TV Server is the cause of the failure to grab then I want to know about it... otherwise I suggest to switch to a different data source provider.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Having to close MePo, launch TV Config and re-grab from there is a nuisance, and I'm surprised it's not in MePo already. And more importantly, it's not at all WAF.

you don't need to close the MePo client, you can just start TV Config, do a WebEPG grab etc. I do this all the time. Sometimes you need to exit the TV Guide or TV and go back to the MePo Client "Home" window. If you use xmltv and import a tvguide.xml file, you should be able to use windows to kick off whatever program you use to update your guide info. But it would be nice if the MePo TV Guide had a "Update Now" button to refresh the EPG info.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In any case, why would a grab fail? IMO it is just as much of a pain to have to manually trigger grabbing of the data as to have the grab fail. If TV Server is the cause of the failure to grab then I want to know about it... otherwise I suggest to switch to a different data source provider.

Sure, it's good to know it's failed. You'll see it's failed when you enter the TV Guide and there's not any useful info. What if you have a power outage right before the scheduled grab? When you wanna kick back in your seat and watch TV, that's not the time to start troubleshooting for most users, but to as quickly as possible fix the issue so that the wife/girlfriend is happy. But sure, I too understand that there might be more pressing matters. I have no knowledge about how hard such things like this are to implement, I'm merely suggesting it as an enhancement.

Emph

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    my provider's playlist has such properties as
    #EXTM3U url-tvg="http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/jtv.zip m3uautoload=1 cache=2000 deinterlace=8 aspect-ratio=4:3 crop=695x550+20+20
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="1TV" group-title="Обществе

но-политические" tvg-shift="+4", Первый
    none part of this info is not supported in TVE now
    As far as I know this is all non-standard... or do you have a link to a standard for these details? Also, what format are these ndx and pdt files?
    Weel, jtv format is popular only here
    http://pctuner.ru/forums-m-posts-q-1780.html
    https://code.google.com/p/xmltv2jtv/wiki/JTVFormat
    But url-tvg property can lead to xtmltv guide too. More important is TVE will fail to recognize line with unknown properties. So before using such m3u file for scanning channels I have to manually edit it and remove all unknown data. Skipping it could be more friendly for start. :)
    But it would be nice if the MePo TV Guide had a "Update Now" button to refresh the EPG info.
    Or even "Update EPG for selected channel" since grabbing EPG for all channels could be time consuming. :)

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    HI All,
    2 years after this post... is there a way to add or develop Scanning in GUI feature?
    If someone share the API i have time to develop this component.
    thank you
    Webcris77

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom