Protect category with password ? (1 Viewer)

Froderik

Portal Pro
July 28, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

I think it would be a good idea, to have the possibility to protect a category by password. So it would be possible , when starting moving pictures, to choose between childrens movies (without password) and movies for grown ups with password protection.

I organized my Film in 2 Folders, one with the childrens movies, one with my films. I would like to have the possibility to add all movies of one folder to a category.

Could this already be done? Otherwise it would be great if this could be implemented.

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Frank

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello,

I think it would be a good idea, to have the possibility to protect a category by password. So it would be possible , when starting moving pictures, to choose between childrens movies (without password) and movies for grown ups with password protection.

I organized my Film in 2 Folders, one with the childrens movies, one with my films. I would like to have the possibility to add all movies of one folder to a category.

Could this already be done? Otherwise it would be great if this could be implemented.

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Frank

You can simply create your childrens category with a filter on the 'Full Path', same with your non-kid category. Then simply copy the non-kid filter to the Parental Control settings and you are good to go. You can also still use the default dynamic categories, such as genre, because the non-kid movies will automatically be filtered out from those as well (until PIN is provided).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @RoChess

Hello,

thank you for your replay. I will try if I get this configured.

Frank

The FAQ has some guidelines on how to do that. Let me know if anything is unclear in it. I've got some notes already on what I need to update on the FAQ, so once I can unbox my HTPC I will update it and finally get it copied over to the wiki (about time I do hehehe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom