[confirm] PS++ not preventing standby (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just a suggestion, this should be mentioned in the upgrade instructions when 1.5 hits the shelves. Something like "If you have PS++ installed, uninstall it before doing an upgrade to MP 1.5" (maybe even in big letters) otherwise I predict a lot of bug reports. Or is this problem going to be handled a different way?
PS++ is removed from the list of installed plugins on upgrade / installation of MP 1.5. But you see it as a compatible plugin in the list of known plugins in the 1.5 pre-relaese, since this is seen as a 1.4.x version. You won't see anything of PS++ any longer when you install MP 1.5 final.

Michael

toolman207

Portal Member
September 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've noticed since upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5 that I can put my HTPC to sleep while it's recording a TV show. I never had that problem with Version 1.3
Same for you: Please send logs of the situation!

Michael

Hi Michael

I'll post logs shortly as I've just been yelled at by everyone living with me for even of thinking doing some debugging lol

The exact problems is that when I was using version MP V 1.3 if someone accidently pressed the power button on the remote the HTPC wouldn't go to sleep if it was recording a TV show but with MP V 1.5 If someone press's the power button on the remote it puts the machine to sleep regardless if it's recording something or not. logs to come soon

toolman207

Portal Member
September 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry for the delayed message Michael, (been moving) I haven't been able to reproduce the problem that I was talking about. It definitely did happen on one occasion I'll report back if I come across this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom