PureVideo DVD playback problem, or is it just me? (1 Viewer)

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
After tryind various codecs for dvd playback I have found that the nVidia decoder works best for me and I'm sure a lot of you agree with me on that. Dscaler is good as well, but still has som issues, especially when playing interlaced material.

So, I've installed the decoder, picture quality is excellent, my problem is with the navigator.

If I use the nVidia navigator, my DVDs won't play at all. I get some error message saying that no DVD is present. I can use the standard DVD navigator, but when I do, I get rendering artifacts in DVD menus and when I navigate through the menus of the DVD using my remote, nothing seems to happen (The cursor doesn't move). I have found out that I can actually navigate through the menus, I just don't see what I do until I press the 'OK' button. This makes it hard to navigate as I have to count keypresses all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or know how to solve it? Either by being able to use the standard decoder or the nvidia decoder. It doesn't really matter to me as long as it works.

I've tried a complete reinstall, but this had no effect.

- Judaz -

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Please try to use the internal "DVD Navigator" instead, and use whatever audio/video codec you like. Other navigators are known to have issues with MP.

Kind regards,
    Michel

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    scoop said:
    Hi,

Please try to use the internal "DVD Navigator" instead, and use whatever audio/video codec you like. Other navigators are known to have issues with MP.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Hey scoop!

We both are using the DVD Navigator but with that is the problem of not seeing cursor on screen. Nvidia's DVD Navigator gives the message no DVD is entered...

Regards

CinOxen

January 26, 2006
    I don't think this problem has anything to do with MP as I had the same thing before installing it.

Actually my experience might be a little different. The frame usually updates on the second cursor move. I move it once and nothing happens, move it again and it appears in it's proper spot. It does seem to vary.

I'm also using purevideo, ffdshow with avisynth and zoomplayer.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12372

I've actually had no problem with the menus in DVDs I've watched since updating my CVS a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if this is luck or the CVS, but the version I have brings its own problems when trying to start playing a DVD (not right aspect, screen flickers, doesn't start from the right place, etc). CVS 25-1.

Judaz

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    dhanjel said:
    I've had the same problems with the latest CVS, try going back to an official release.

The problem is the same in any version of MP. I'm currently using the cvs of 28.10.2006, but the problem has been there in the official relase of 0.2.0 RC1 and RC2 as well.

I only experience this problem when using the nVidia decoder-

- Judaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom