[solved] Purge orpahan records.... I'm becoming mad (1 Viewer)

daneggia

Portal Member
May 14, 2015
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi guys. This is my problem: Is two days that i'im trying to delete the files in the database that not match those on the HD. i used the updater. i have 3 disks (a,b,c,). i have cecked purge orphan in tab import. tre program search all the file. it discover the moved files. it change the letter of the file moved but it don't delete the missing files. in the tab database fields i have selected the source field as path-field. i don't understand where did i go wong. i have more or less 10000 files in database and 2500 files on hard disk. tnx.

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-9_13-47-54.png
    upload_2016-1-9_13-47-54.png
    349 bytes
Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    If the orphans have been on shares, that are no more available, you need to activate "Purge Orphans if Source unavailable" - this is not selected by default as it would e.g. remove all files if a NAS is sleeping - however, if you have content in the DB of shares that "never come back" you need to activate this option to let the updater remove the respective entries. Make sure, that all ahares are online for what you want to keep.

daneggia

Portal Member
    May 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi Guzzi! thank you for the clarification. I tried to follow the instructions but none of the orphaned items has been eliminated from the db. It is very strange: the process to upload field works for all files (i have tried to change the letter of the hd for all files in the source field. I do it to observe if import routine upgrade correctly path field). the process to upgrade movie path works only for some files...(in the import routine, the software search moved files and change the letter of the hd only for files in hd D: - i have 3 hd named D, E, F).
    I know certainly it is my fault!
    I know I have something wrong or some setting wrong. maybe I used a type of nomenclature for files that have a problem (i use to name files in this way: ==0001== movie1; ==0002== movie2; etc.). maybe I have something set incorrectly....

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi, please post logs from AMCupdater of such an update and the config files, maybe that shows up the issue. I think I've never tested it with local files, only UNC pathes - but let's have a look into the logs...

daneggia

Portal Member
    May 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi guzzi! tnx for all.... i try with unc pathes (with local pc).... it's the same... watching the log, i see that the program scan 172 files on hd E:.... but E has
    approximately 2000 files.... i don't understand....
    i post the database xml too (without pictures). it's seems that the routine works well only in D.... (F: is empty). tnx

Attachments

• MyFilmsAMCSettings_pedro.xml
      7.6 KB
    • AMCUpdater.txt
      1.6 MB
    • mp_mpc.xml
      17.9 MB

daneggia

Portal Member
    May 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I tried again seek a solution.... nothing....
    maybe... can be the size of hard disk? the disk named E is 5 tb..... and i haven't use mbr when i format it....[DOUBLEPOST=1452803141][/DOUBLEPOST]actually the software works perfectly on hd 2 tb.....

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi daneggia,
    AMCupdater.log file shows for e:
    12/01/2016 22:16:46 - Scanning Files done - TotalFiles: 145, TotalSize: 129240484404, TotalFolders: 0
    so no folders - is this correct? If yes, please try moving the files into a subfolder - iirc, the root directory of a drive has somtimes some limitationa.
    If there ARE subfolders, then check your rights - make sure, that the login user can access them properly or try as admin for testing.
    Beside that, there is many lines like this:
    12/01/2016 22:20:24 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing ... E fuori nevica! (2014) tt4129900.mkv : No originaltitle or translatedtitle activated
    So it seems, 2863 mediafiles are not imported due to this error.
    THis error comes from the fact, that you disabled both originaltitle and translatedtitle on database fields tab in AMCupdater - with no name, nothing can be imported - try enabling at least one of them to get the files imported.
    Re size: No, 5TB should be no problem - there is ppl using NAS with 10 times bigger single volumes without issue - all good, if the OS can see the files,
    Guzzi

daneggia

Portal Member
    May 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi guzzi,
    thanks for your patience and for the advice
    i try your instructions....
    the problem persists.....

so, i try to copy unrecognized files on hd F (2 tb): the scan recognize file.... that is to say the problem is not in the files.
    i try to create 3 folder in hd E (5 tb) the scan don't recognize any folder.... but only the usual 142 files....

i checked permissions, i try to run the program as admin, i try to re-index the partition... the result is always the same: 0 folders.... 142 files....

the log shows an inconsistency too in hd E: scan path..... e\nuova cartella\....... and after says "0 folders in hd"... (i upload the new log)

I don't uderstand....

for the error event, I knowingly disable the titles field.... when i solve the problem of the search, i re enable the fields.

thanks again

daneggia[DOUBLEPOST=1452906420][/DOUBLEPOST]only a clarification: when i use myfilms plugin to watch the video files, it correctly find all files on all hds and play them....

the problem appears only when i use amcu (that i use to purge orphan files)

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ... I had a quick look at the code - that part is really simple, it is recursively reading the content from teh movie path (applying the defined rules) - unfortunately, there is a silent try-catch, that means, if there is a problem, that will simply stop the scanning, but will not write any output to the log file. Because of that, we can only guess what might be the reason. It could e.g. be a path too long, access right issue, ...
    btw - hidden files are skipped - so make sure they're not set hidden.
    I would suggest to create two subdirectories on your e-drive and scan only one at a time - if one passes, the other doesn't you could narrow down where the issue lies.
    I will add a descriptive log message for future version - but this won't help you now of course ...

daneggia

Portal Member
    May 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi guzzi!
    i solved the problem....
    when you told me about try-catch, in my mind i see the light.... the routine select only file video, checking extensions....
    then i look files on hd E for extension of the files (hidden for default) et voilà....

in hd E there was a subtitle file (srt) -- little 1 kb bastard file!!!!!!--- that was without extension (i don't know why.... i never consider this).

i added .srt at the end of file and now all work well.

the solution is never where you seek in....

infact, the routine stop itself probably because the file was unknow, then it proceded over, on another hd....

damn!

All's well that ends well!
    thank you guzzi... thank you!

daneggia

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom