Put HTPC to Sleep - Power button or IRSS (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So... if you don't record, or have a dedicated TV server running 24/7, there's no problem with putting your system into standby with the remote button.
    But I want to....

Then what's the problem of using the PowerScheduler plugin to put your system to sleep after (let's say) 15 minutes??
    Why do you want to put it to sleep with the remote button?

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, i personal find it not bad to have also the option to set the htpc on demand to sleep, by pressing the correct button on the remote.
    i have both methods in use: like you said: setting powerscheduler to do this if the system is ideling 15 minutes and on demand, if i press the correct button on the remote.
    both methods are working here without probs.
    normaly this works with an mce compatible sensor and an mce or an harmony programmed as mce, out of the box.
    but in his case, putting the htpc to sleep by pressing the correct button on the remote seems not to work, becouse of the used solution. so the method to do it with powerscheduler after a defenied idle-time, might be the only working solution, as long he has no mce compatible sensor.
    to use the imon-ir as mce-sensor was also not working here. first as i bought a correct mce-compatible sensor, everything was working out of he the box.
    but i press thumbs;)

best regards
    parkuhr

Last edited:

Walzing

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008
    well, i personal find it not bad to have also the option to set the htpc on demand to sleep, by pressing the correct button on the remote.
    Yes - I totaly agree.

And the question is - should only MP handle Standby (by IRSS or integrated MP Remote Control). Or can I also put my HTPC to sleep by power button (or System Standby Function). ;-)

But let me test iMON Receiver configured as MCE Receiver and activate MP MCE feature with my harmony.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And the question is - should only MP handle Standby (by IRSS or integrated MP Remote Control). Or can I also put my HTPC to sleep by power button (or System Standby Function). ;-)

And you're not gonna get an answer on that question from other users, since everybody uses his system differently. Like i said, there are multiple options, some can have downsides, but it all depends on what you do with your system. You know what the downsides can be while putting the HTPC to sleep with the remote + scheduling recordings, so... Schedule a few recordings for tonight, use the powerbutton to put your HTPC to sleep and see if you missed recordings tomorrow. If not -> repeat the test tomorrow night again, and you can supply the answer to your own question. If you do get missing recording, you run the test again tomorrow, but let the Powerscheduler put the system into standby and compare results.

Walzing

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008
    Tested
    - Configured iMON Manager to use MCE and enabled MCE in MP
    No button is working

- Configured iMON Manager to use MCE, removed mappings, installed IRSS
    Works - but when I restart my HTPC, IRSS will stop iMon Manager. And after this Minidisplay and IRSS will stop working

Any idea for a MCE Receiver?

Walzing

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008
    Now it works.

I installed:
    - iMON Manager Version 8.04.0629
    - iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1
    - Powerscheduler ++

I removed:
    - IRSS

I activated:
    - Sleep by pressing Power Button
    - MCE in iMon Manager

I deactivated:
    - Powerscheduler ++ -> Only sleep while in Home Screen

I configured:
    - Harmony to act as MCE

It's working perfect...

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    congratutaltions!;)

i hope that also scheduled recordings are working and your htpc automaticly wakes up for it.
    to configure powerscheduler that the system can go to s3/s4 in every situations (except if recordings are running, grabbing epg and so on) and not only if the system is in homescreen, i see as basics. that was one of the first things i configured.
    becouse powerscheduler is also responsible for various events like scheduled records for example, its not a god idea to disable it completly.

greetings
    parkuhr

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom