PVR 150 MCE problems (got it working with the latest CVS!) (1 Viewer)

soliver25

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-11-24)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge
Video Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.60GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: SiS-648FX
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23297
Video Card Model: Radeon 9600 Series (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.18.0.0
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: 5.1.2535.0
Synopsis::

The TV Tuner that I have is the WinTV-PVR 150 Media Center Kit. Model 1062.

Starting from the CVS posted around November 11th, I'm having strange problems with my PVR-150. When I try to change the channel with timeshifting on, the channel says it changes in MP, but the channel stays the same on the tuner, and the video and audio start to jump erratically, until it finally freezes up and says no TV tuner available. Also when I turn timeshifting off, the TV plays perfectly, but MP completely freezes up, I have to end the task to close it.

In RC1 without the CVS changes, the TV plays perfectly. The TV is the only module I am having problems with in the CVS, everything else works great.

soliver25

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
By the way, I also have an ATI TV Wonder Pro, and it works great with the latest CVS, as long as I go in to the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file and uncomment the General S/W Encoding card.

soliver25

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
I'm not sure if it matters or not, but my TV card doesn't have a radio tuner on it, so apparently it's not the MCE edition, but it did come with an MCE remote control in the box.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Does the card have an FM radio port on the back?

Providing the TV works ok in RC1 (and even if it doesnt) there isnt really a problem. The CVS has been under a lot of work in the TV section and the tv has had problems for more than a week for me (both analogue and digital cards) so theres no need to worry.

soliver25

Portal Member
    November 24, 2005
    No, it says PVR-150 Media Center Kit on the box, but there is no radio port on the card. I got it from best buy, so I guess it's just a regular PVR-150 with an MCE remote.. but MP picks it up as a PVR150MCE. I looked in the graph file, and it has the same device ID as the MCE card.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Could be a newer model which uses the rf input for the radio (my model has both but if you dont plug in the FM antenna it uses the rf input). Have you tried tuning radio stations with it?

soliver25

Portal Member
    November 24, 2005
    If it helps any, it appears that the problem has to do with the time delay between changing channels. In RC1, it takes about 3 to 4 seconds to change the channel, but in the latest CVS the channel change is almost instant, which causes it to jump and stutter and eventually lock up. I think the delay is too short for my TV card. Maybe adding in a delay time somewhere in the configuration will help with this new problem.

soliver25

Portal Member
    November 24, 2005
    Hey jgvonk. I didn't have any problems at all with the My TV under just plain RC1. But under RC1, the My TV button on my MCE remote brought up the menu for some reason, and the green start button didn't do anything at all.

It doesn't look like the either of the MCE remotes in the setup pictures, so I guess it's some special remote that they made to package in the PVR150 Media Center Kit that I purchased. Anyway, in the CVS build around the middle of november everything on my remote started working the way it should, but My TV no longer works. I guess I have to make a choice up until a stable release is made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom