Q&A: 1.2.0 Plugin Compatibillity check (in svn since rev.27644) (2 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Now that is a quick reply :)

I have used the build scripts (tried both release and debug) - still get the same issue.

I'll re-checkout again (mediaportal and directshowfilters) as I have some directshowfilter differences anyway.

***************** Update ***********************
    I have now got this working :D

I had never noticed until now (as I'm not a Dev), but my SVN builds had never taken into account the SVN number in the build process - but still built "ok")

The build process uses the SVN number in filenames, and as a passed value - mine had always been blank

My problem was that I had installed the x64 version of TortoiseSVN - and your scripts were expecting it to the be the 32 bit version (in "program files x86" on a x64 bit machine or in "program files"on a 32bit machine)

I have now installed the 32bit version and everything works fine.

Thanks,

J.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    If you have mixed SVN revision, the build script will fail to set the correct version and it will stay at 1.1.6.0 as it is when building from VS. You have to update the entire working copy to a single SVN revision (doesn't have to be the latest just the same). You can use SubWCRev (from TortoiseSVN) to check the status of your working copy.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi arion_p,

Are you actively approaching plugins developers (or maybe submitting bugs to their projects) to let them know about this change?
    Some projects are rarely updated and their owners are not aware of this change...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    AFAIK, i-loop has already PMed all known plugin developers (based on their forum account title) regarding this change with a link to this thread and the wiki page. Of course we cannot do any thing about the ones we do not know and those who don't read their PMs.

If that fails the only alternative is for the users that use the plugins in question to try to contact their authors (although if they don't joing the forums and don't read their PMs I don't think it will make any difference).

In any case, many plugin developers have already responded and provided updated versions of their plugins for internal testing. The updated versions will be published as soon as 1.2.0 Beta is released.

steve42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Ettlingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am the co developer of the fritzbox plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...manager-update-merged-plugin-0-3-4-7-a-74531/. I've done a quick update and compiled the plugin dll against the current svn version and added compability tags.

But now it seems to be broken, when used with older MP versions (Common.Utils.dll is missing). Is that the expected behaviour? If so, then two seperate DLLs are required: one for pre 1.2.0 and one for 1.2.0 and higher. Not very userfriendly.

steve.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Yes that is expected.

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid this. But this is a one time issue, it won't happen in future versions since Common.Utils and all necessary attributes will already be there.

steve42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Ettlingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A possible work around would be to simply drop a copy of the Common.Utils Dll in the MP directory of an older MP installation, wouldn't it?

steve42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Ettlingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've run into the same problem. If Configuration.exe show version 1.1.6 then this is what you got: all plugins disabled. But the previous post ars somewhat mistakable. The is a build script in the mediaportal subdirectory that does only build and NOT setting any versions to SVN releases. And there are build scripts in the Build subproject (sibling to mediaportal in svn tree), which do set version info to svn release numbers.

You must use the latter, then Configuration.exe shows version 1.1.6.26XXX (svn rev.) and all plugins are enabled.

HTH steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom