QAM HD Channels not found (1 Viewer)

adagio

Portal Pro
April 5, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've searched through the forum for help and found some people having the same issues, but not a solution. I've been using MP for years and love it. Recently, my cable company, Time Warner, changed some of their HD channels, so I re-scanned, but some of the HD channels don't work now even though they used to - they say no video/audio. The call letters are correct. When I re-scan with my TV, they all work. I have an old FusionHD program and when I scan with that, they all work. I looked through all the UNKNOWN channels, but can't find any of the missing HD channels that work.

It's been asked on this forum before for an explanation for the parameters for the channels so we can add them manually, but I have not found any explanation. Isn't there some chart that would show how to enter a channel?

Or if someone in the Milwaukee, WI area using Time/Warner has a setup that works, could they tell me what the settings are for the HD channels?

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

It's been asked on this forum before for an explanation for the parameters for the channels so we can add them manually, but I have not found any explanation. Isn't there some chart that would show how to enter a channel?
    I can try to give an explanation of the parameter meanings... but honestly would it really help? I mean, where are you going to get the correct values to plug in? As far as I'm aware there is no internet database with complete and up-to-date information and most TVs/STBs make the required info inaccessible unless you know installer/service codes. Case in point: there doesn't seem to be any cable info (only OTA) for your area in Silicondust's database:
    http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:53223#lineup_8427830

I looked through all the UNKNOWN channels, but can't find any of the missing HD channels that work.
    Without any information about the channels you're missing, where you'd expect to find them, or logs from the scan/testing I'm afraid my hands are tied...

mm

adagio

Portal Pro
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for your responses. I didn't attach logs because I didn't know what questions to ask yet. I know without the raw data from the cable company manually adding channels would be fruitless.

But here's the weird thing. I currently have MP version 1.7 running on WIN 7 32 bit that I just installed from scratch. That's where I did the recent channel scan. I have a disk drive with MP version 1.3 on XP. I plugged that drive in (same computer) and did a channel scan. I got ALL of the HD channels to work! I then wrote down the channel settings for each of the channels I wanted, put my WIN 7 drive back in and for each of the HD channels that did not work, I changed the settings to what MP 1.3 found and they now work!

What changed from MP version 1.3 to 1.7 that would affect the channel scan?

Here's an example of one -

WISN-TV
    Channel found in MP 1.7 was 21, but found in MP 1.3 it was 22
    Frequency 55250 to 163250
    Transport ID 10111 to 9141

The rest of the settings were the same, although there is no Source ID in MP 1.3.

I can get logs for you if that would help, but is there anyway to save my current settings so the new scan doesn't wipe them out? Was kind of tedious putting all those in by hand. :)

Thanks.

adagio

Portal Pro
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Here's a zip of the files in the MP server log folder. I did not scan for channels today (6/1) unless it was early in the morning (I forget). If you need anything else, I'd be glad to help. MP is a fantastic product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom