Question about Filter for Audio Codec (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    I want to set a filter to find videos containing AC3 sound with stereo. Problem is that tehse also have for example AC3 with 5.1 or dts. When I use the menue to config this I don't get all videos containing this. So how can I do this?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Is there no filter for audio channels? So you can add AC3 + 2 channels as filter.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Is there no filter for audio channels? So you can add AC3 + 2 channels as filter.

Yes - but when I set this it seems only to display the audio with the higher resolution - like in the skin itself - it only displays 5.1 even if 2.0 is also there.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Sure - he we go:

As you see Atr the movie it only displays the DTS Audio - even as the movie also includes AC3 in Stereo. Thefore it seem as also the Filter only can check after the dispalyed value

Filter1.JPG Filter2.JPG
    Filter1.JPGFilter2.JPG

Attachments

• filter3.JPG
      filter3.JPG
      72.1 KB
    • filter4.JPG
      filter4.JPG
      54.4 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    That is due to the limitation of Moving-Pictures in what info it uses that MediaInfo DLL provides.

Whatever audio codec is returned by MediaInfo first is what is used by MovPic to store in database and all other codecs are ignored.

If memory serves me there is an existing google code issues to expand support on that, but that also largely depends on support by the MediaInfo development team.

For right now, your best bet is to use a renamer tool that can add all audio codecs to the filename (forgot name of the one I know that does it). Then you can use the existing MovPic filter on "Full Path" to filter out the AC3 stereo files.

Users who are viewing this thread