question about music cover art (1 Viewer)

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I know the general rule for cover art is to use a file named folder.jpg.

However, before using a program such as this I spent countless hours meticulously tagging my collection and gathering cover art. But, my art is named for the particular cd.

My structure is
    artist\album\tracks
    with the art named after the album in the tracks folder.

This works great with Nordbeat Jukebox program that I have which is as it sounds...a dedicated JB program.

So what I am asking is can I get MP to use my existing art or I am going to have to make copies of all my artwork? Which will suck because I don't want to simply rename them and will want to make a copy instead....like I mention, my system works perfectly in NB.

:D

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Isn't there an option in the music config to either use folder.jpg *or* the first .jpg file in the folder? I think there used to be. Also, you can use images that are embedded in the id3 tag, again there is a checkbox in the configurator menu.

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    Isn't there an option in the music config to either use folder.jpg *or* the first .jpg file in the folder? I think there used to be. Also, you can use images that are embedded in the id3 tag, again there is a checkbox in the configurator menu.

Just see the folder.jpg option and the ID tag option

....not really sure what this means though....
    there is a checkbox under the folder.jpg box that says

'*.png, *jpb (prefers "front" cover)

and this can only be checked if folder.jpg is checked....otherwise it is grayed out.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Sorry, I must be mis-remembering the "first file" thing since I use embedded art and haven't messed with it in a while.

The only other idea I can offer (maybe not acceptable either) is to use the coverart download tool in the last.fm plugin suite. There are two plugins that go together, last.fm (a Windows plugin) and AudioScrobbler (a process plugin). In the configuration window for the AudioScrobbler plugin, there is a coverart downloader option. It will scan your shares and identify any missing artist or album art then offer to download it all automagically. It takes a little while and involves downloading new art instead of the old stuff, but it gets the job done mostly. You may or may not be able to use the AudioScrobbler plugin without the last.fm one, I've never tried.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-theres-artist-image-grabber-available-29263/

In the end, this plugin puts all of the downloaded art into a thumbs folder in the MP User files directory rather than in the individual share folders. So the other thing you could do would be to copy all of your existing album art into the appropriate thumbs folder (I'm too lazy to look for the location right now, sorry). It's still copying, but at least no renaming.

Good luck!

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies.

Thought of a quick way to make a copy named 'folder' for each album.

1st using a program called 'Replicator', one of Karen's Power Tools...freeware. I copied my entire music directory to another drive...I set it to just copy image files though but it kept the folder structure.

2nd using Windows Explorer I searched the new directory for .jpg's. Then using 'Better File Rename' I highlighted all files and did a complete rename to 'folder'

Finally using 'Replicator' again I simply copied all the new 'folder' images back to the original music directory.

Now I have my original artwork that I wanted to keep along with an exact duplicate named folder.

Total time to do so...about 2 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom