Question About the Database and Deleting Files (1 Viewer)

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Hi,

I'm using TVSeries and StreamedMP. Whenever I delete an episode outside of the GUI (from windows explorer), the episode displays as orange in color in the GUI. I can remove it from the GUI by choosing the setting to "show all episodes = OFF" which works fine.

My concern is that when I delete an episode from windows explorer, I really want it deleted from the disk and database so that it would not display in the GUI under any circumstances. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you use an external HDD, NAS, or optical media, then when you remove it (or take it offline), the files on it are not gone, but MP-TVSeries indicates them as "remote/offline", which is what the orange color is for (depending on skin). Meaning there is a database entry for it, but the file is currently missing. This allows you to then reconnect the HDD, bring NAS back on, or insert optical media, etc and be able to play the file again.

Instead of deleting outsde of MP-TVSeries, you can simply delete from within. Enable the option to delete from GUI and then use '0' (to bring up delete window) and '3' to delete from "disk + database". However the benefit of keeping episodes in database, allows you to use new cool features such as "prevent playback out of order". And once you are done with a season or series, then you can do the '0' -> '3' method, or use MP-TVSeries config (right click series to bring up delete option).

Enjoy.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Thanks for that. I completely understand the external HDD/NAS issue. However, in my case the HDD is internal and always connected.

I also understand the "delete + database" option from the GUI which works just fine. The problem is really surfacing when I have, for example, 25 episodes in a season and I wan't to delete the first 15. Doing that in the GUI is very tedious, but doing it from windows explorer is easy. I should mention that I am deleting those 15 episodes from a remote computer while MP is running. My impression is that MP is treating that as the files are remote/offline when I really want them "delete disk + database"

It is not that big of a deal.

Dodgy Bob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    The way I would do it is exit MP, start MP config -> plugins -> tvseries -> choose the Details tab and delete the series there. This will also remove it from the disk (if you want).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom