Questions about MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

wocko1

Portal Member
December 9, 2005
After installing the latest CVS build, and rigging up a grabber for Newcastle, Maitland and Dungog out of the Yahoo AU TV grabber for WebEBG, I have SUCCESSFULLY got the TV guide working!!! Many thanks to all of you!!!

By the way, I have attached the modified Yahoo grabber for Newcastle/Maitland/Dungog NSW areas too.

Code:
 	<entry name="abc-nsw@abc.net.au">18294</entry>				
	<entry name="abc2@abc.net.au">283793</entry>				
	<entry name="prime@primetv.com.au">289720</entry>			
	<entry name="nbn@nbntv.com.au">18017</entry>				
	<entry name="sct@ten.com.au">289726</entry>				
	<entry name="sbs@sbs.com.au">251831</entry>				
	<entry name="sbs2@sbs.com.au">272787</entry>

wocko1

Portal Member
December 9, 2005
Well I replaced the Bt878 with a Winfast TV2000XP Expert Edition and it works great. After hacking the TV card definitions file, I got the DTV1000T working like a beaut.

Another question, is there a way to make the analogue card support timeshifting and proper recording? It works fine on the digital tuner but not the analogue. Teletext would be gr8 too

wocko1

Portal Member
December 9, 2005
Nevermind. I thought, bugger recording for the analogue tuner. It's only really there just to get Prime, Ten and NBN.
The digital tuner works great even when recording. So does the analogue except for recording.

Also too, I got my MCE remote and keyboard today and got them working too!!

Many thanks for all your help, you guys!!! I did away with MCE as I couldn't get the damn TV tuners working even though the digital one is MCE compatible. Both work great in MP

Merry Christmas and a happy 2006!!!

ocujos

December 24, 2005
After hacking the TV card definitions file, I got the DTV1000T working like a beaut.
Can you please post your card definitions file?
I've trying without any success to get my 2xDTV1000T cards to work.
Thanks.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    wocko1: The reason your analogue card doesnt timeshift (should record though...) is it is a software card and not supported. Since it plays tv your obviously happy with that though.

ocujos: Is it not recognising your cards?

ocujos

December 24, 2005
    ocujos: Is it not recognising your cards?
    Yes it does, but I can't auto-tune channels. It says something like 'can create graph' and that's it.
    I'm sure the problem is with the card definition file.
    Please note that MCE2005RU2 works perfectly with both cards.

wocko1

Portal Member
    December 9, 2005
    The thing I did to get the DTV1000T working is i edited the Device IDs in the capture card definitions XML file in the media portal folder. I modified the "Device ID" in the DTV1000T section to match the Device ID of my card. One fact is that the some batches of the DTV1000Ts use different device IDs. To find out the hardware IDs for your card, go to the Properties in the Device manager (only if you are running SP2) for your card, then go to the Details tab then select "Hardware IDs" in the combo box.

BTW, I'm using the latest CVS version.

wocko1

Portal Member
    December 9, 2005
    I'm thinking about replacing both cards with a Hauppauge HVR-1300MCE. Is this card worthwhile getting for MediaPortal? I did hear this card is a "hybrid" (both analogue/digital) and has a hardware encoder.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    It will do both hardware analogue and dvb-t recordings + FM radio of course. The only downside as mentioned in another thread was its not capable of doing both at the sametime so technically it can do the job of 2 different card types, it cant do it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom