Questions about remotes (1 Viewer)

wtfidiot21

Portal Member
October 13, 2005
Right now I use my Hauppage 45button remote that came with my PVR150 non MCE for Media Portal. It works but the remote is to touchy. Has anybody tried using the MCE (Green Button) Remote with Media Portal. Does the transmitter work better than the rinky dinky Hauppage remote transmitter. Also do you have to have MCE version of XP in order to use the remote or can it also navigate Media Portal with just plain old XP.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Does the transmitter work better than the rinky dinky Hauppage remote transmitter.

Works great here, its very sensitive so it works long distance and button presses are good.

Also do you have to have MCE version of XP in order to use the remote

Works in XP2 Pro without anything else needed. Works in XP2 Home with a small download.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    wtfidiot21 said:
    Has anybody tried using the MCE (Green Button) Remote with Media Portal.
    Yes, and the MCE remote works beautifully with MP - particularly if you get the "European" version - the one with the 4 coloured buttons at the bottom. I also use "mptray.exe" to enable me to launch MP using the green button.

wtfidiot21 said:
    Also do you have to have MCE version of XP in order to use the remote or can it also navigate Media Portal with just plain old XP.
    I use it "straight out of the box" with XP professional SP2, but I believe you can also use it with XP Home, if you copy across the appropriate drivers. Do a search of these forums for the specific information on using the MCE remote with XP Home.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i formatted and cant seem to find my copy of mphook.exe

it would be nice if some1 could PM me with a link plz

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mptray.exe (the updated version of mphook) is usually available here - but the link seems to be unavailable at the moment.... :(

I can email it to you if you PM me your email address... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom