Questions on how to get music DVD's to play using the Music folder and other things (1 Viewer)

LedZepZoso69

Portal Member
March 14, 2014
Lost In Middle America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First off I am using Media Portal 1.6.0. I want to play my music videos/concerts through the music folder but it cannot and I was going to try mvcentral but it wont load to the newer Mediaportal and looked and seen it wasnt good for concerts only single videos. So my question is how do I set up a music video only "button" for a lack of a better term so I can keep them seperate from my regular movies. Also I put all my regular movies into the Video folder but for some reason it wont see 3 of the movies but yet MovingPictures sees them. Does anyone know why this is and what I can do to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You can add your concerts to moving pictures. There you create a different category named (e.g.) "Concerts". With most skins you have a "Basic Home Menu Editor" With this you add a new menu entry "Concerts" and point this to the moving pictures category using the "hyperlinkparameter" option (should be available in Basic Home editor)...

LedZepZoso69

Portal Member
    March 14, 2014
    Lost In Middle America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok so since I am kinda new with this what theme should I use to get a menu editor in it. I am using Titan Extended and dont see anything in the editor to change or create catergory. I was going to use aMPed but it just crashes since it isnt updated for 1.6. I like the Titan setup is there one that is like it that is customizable or is Titan and I just cant seem to find the correct menu. Thanks again for the help. Its greatly appreciated

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You know the configuration of MP is mainly done outside the GUI? There is a program called "Mediaportal configuration" found in startmenu.
    dont see anything in the editor to change or create catergory
    Those categories you need to create inside Moving Pictures config. Once they are created you can use those categories as target on some buttons in home screen. To add those buttons you can use a home screen editor. Some Skins (we call them skins as themes are different colour sets of a skin) don't have any editor, some have it inside GUI but mostly those editors can be found in the Config tool.
    As you mentioned aMPed. That's a skin I know a bit. There the editor is a separate app found in windows startmenu also... Normally I've created my own personal skin, that's why I'm not too familiar with other skins...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom