Quicker skin development (1 Viewer)

AndyQ

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
It is possible but it requires a small change to GUITextureManager.cs (in core).

What I did was add a new static method called ReInit() which calls the main Dispose method and then sets _Dispose back to false (this clears the cache of all images).

Then, I hacked the MyRefresh slightly and added a call to the GUITextureManager::ReInit() method in the OnAction method.

I did cheat however and added the MyRefresh.cs to the ProcessPlugins project so that it is included in the ProcessPlugins.dll.

Not sure whether this is a good way of doing things and what possible impact it may have if used during normal use but I figured that its nota big deal during development of skins.

Hope Smirnoff doesn't object to me hacking around here.

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Skin Creation - Refreshing ..Overlays...

Andy,

Here is one for u 2, and sure Smirnof will be kewl with it ;-) Can you double check what would be required to be sure "Overlays" are refreshing as well.... this would be HUGE!!!

Let us know and post your finds should you have them.

Thanks much /
Critifer

AndyQ said:
It is possible but it requires a small change to GUITextureManager.cs (in core).

What I did was add a new static method called ReInit() which calls the main Dispose method and then sets _Dispose back to false (this clears the cache of all images).

Then, I hacked the MyRefresh slightly and added a call to the GUITextureManager::ReInit() method in the OnAction method.

I did cheat however and added the MyRefresh.cs to the ProcessPlugins project so that it is included in the ProcessPlugins.dll.

Not sure whether this is a good way of doing things and what possible impact it may have if used during normal use but I figured that its nota big deal during development of skins.

Hope Smirnoff doesn't object to me hacking around here.

tchoa

November 7, 2005
Hi,

Is it still working whith 2.0RC2 ?
I can't manage to make it work. :oops:

BTW, where is the source code of MyRefresh plugin ?
I can't find it in cvs sources... even in the ProcessPlugins...

Corve

Portal Member
September 27, 2005
Smirnuff, this usefull tool doesn't work anymore... Is it possible to re-compile it or something like that?

I think that a lot of skinners are waiting for you to work more quickly and efficiency :wink:

Thank's a lot.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I've read harley's post a couple of times, i've never had "mp always on top" checked, but i tried it checked also in case that's what harley was trying to say. Didn't work either way. I knew the key changed from R to F5, but i've been trying both keys just in case.

I've also made sure that the myrefresh plugin is installed in the proper folder (process/plugins) and enabled. Tried to download the plugin again, from the link in the first post in the thread and from harley's skin site, and its not there. Using mp .2rc3 release, not cvs updates. I've made some obvious changes and tried to refresh with no success. I'm probably missing something simple...any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom