Radio - DAB+ and FM (1 Viewer)

gusangora

Portal Pro
January 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello all,
I've recently installed a Leadtek DTV2000DS Plus, which has DAB+ and FM radio. These work through the included WinFast software but no radio appears in the MP TV Server config, other than 5 DVB-T FTA radio stations (which all TV tuners pick up). I only see the 2 DVB-T tuners.
Is there a trick to getting MP to see the DAB+ and FM Radio tuners?

TV card specs here: DTV2000DS

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello gusangora

MP doesn't support DAB/DAB+ due to the fact that there is no hardware-independent Windows interface for support (as there is for DVB-T etc.).
    I tried to add support for a specific Realtek chip but failed due to fundamental incompatibilities with our TV service.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...v-card-with-realtek-chip-and-dab-radio.80300/

Your card is almost certainly based on a similar design as the Realtek solution - BDA (standard) DVB-T driver with proprietary interfaces for FM and DAB/DAB+ support. Same design may mean same compatibility issues as the Realtek solution... however, interestingly the product page says the demodulator/chipset is the AF9015/AF9013...

I'd be happy to try and investigate whether it would be possible to add support if you can get details about the proprietary interfaces from Leadtek. This information is usually referred to as an "SDK" or "API". Some companies release this information freely on their websites; others release it under non-disclosure agreements to official project/company representatives; others will not release it at all. I've had no previous contact with Leadtek, so it will be interesting to see how they respond to your request...

Please feel free to follow up with more questions if you have any.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm...

I was curious, so I downloaded and installed the WinFast PVR software and had a nosy through their driver package. Unfortunately for you it really does look like this card uses the Realtek chip that I previously attempted to support. I guess Leaktek's website info may be incorrect.

In any case, please still go ahead and put the question to Leadtek and see what they say. I could be wrong.

mm

gusangora

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks mm. I did see the references to the Realtek chip however I wrongly assumed that meant it didn't work with Realtek but did work with all others. Anyhow, I will shoot them an email and advise the result. Here's hoping.
    Thanks,
    Steve

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Leadtek responded by stating that they will not release the SDK/API.
    Well, I guess that is that then. :(
    This also means I can't confirm that the device uses the Realtek SDK with compatibility issues.
    Dead end - sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom