Radio recording, TV guide, TV tuning client problems (1 Viewer)

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
June 5, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The problems I have noticed:
1) Attempting to schedule a radio recording, Quick Record and Advanced Record do nothing when clicked.
Code:
[2015-06-04 23:33:55,145] [Error  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error in Reload
[2015-06-04 23:33:55,182] [Log  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()  Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Site  : Void ReLoad()  Source : TvPlugin  Stack Trace:  at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()
[2015-06-04 23:34:10,424] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error in Reload
[2015-06-04 23:34:10,441] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()  Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Site  : Void ReLoad()  Source : TvPlugin  Stack Trace:  at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()
[2015-06-04 23:34:45,452] [Log  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) The operation has timed out after 3000.
[2015-06-04 23:34:45,794] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Failed filter:  not found
[2015-06-04 23:34:56,362] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - RadioRecorded: Error updating properties - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.RadioRecorded.UpdateProperties()
[2015-06-04 23:34:56,413] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - RadioRecorded: Error updating properties - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:34:56,429] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - RadioRecorded: Error updating properties - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:35:09,838] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnAdvancedRecord()
  at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2) TV guide data is not being pulled from the server despite the server having the data and Kodi being able to load it.
Code:
[2015-06-04 23:38:21,651] [Error  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error in Reload
[2015-06-04 23:38:21,731] [Log  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:38:40,673] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error in Reload
[2015-06-04 23:38:40,694] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:38:41,389] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.TvGuideBase.Process()
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ProcessWindows()
[2015-06-04 23:38:41,459] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:38:41,474] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:38:41,491] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:38:41,507] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - ProcessWindows exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[THE ABOVE ERROR OCCURS HUNDREDS OF TIMES]

3) I have not been able to stream live TV yet despite Kodi being able to from the same server.
Code:
[2015-06-04 23:07:09,531] [Error  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error in Reload
[2015-06-04 23:07:09,568] [Log  ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:07:19,278] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error in Reload
[2015-06-04 23:07:19,294] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2015-06-04 23:07:23,315] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.TvMiniGuide.GetChannelListByGroup()
  at TvPlugin.TvMiniGuide.FillChannelList()
  at TvPlugin.TvMiniGuide.OnPageLoad()
  at MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
  at TvPlugin.TvMiniGuide.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
  at MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogWindow.PageLoad(Int32 ParentID)
  at MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogWindow.DoModal(Int32 ParentID)
  at TvPlugin.TVHome.OnSelectChannel()
  at TvPlugin.TVHome.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
[2015-06-04 23:07:29,292] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.TvMiniGuide.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Server is on a static IP (192.168.0.128). When starting off, not even radio worked. I resolved that problem by changing RTSP from [auto] to 192.168.0.128. Doing so did not fix the above problems however.

I figured everything should go smoothly because all of this stuff is verified to be working through Kodi. I can't figure out why Media Portal client is struggling to connect to its own server software.

The attached log is from #3.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1) Attempting to schedule a radio recording, Quick Record and Advanced Record do nothing when clicked.
    Pass. Log files required.

2) TV guide data is not being pulled from the server despite the server having the data and Kodi being able to load it.
    Screenshots?

3) I have not been able to stream live TV yet despite Kodi being able to from the same server.
    You are trying to press the "TV On" button. That won't work unless you select a channel first:
    [2015-06-04 23:07:20,903] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome:turn tv on
    [2015-06-04 23:07:20,920] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): channel==null

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    I updated the OP with the contents of the error log for all three errors. #1 and #3 appear directly related. TV On, when clicked, doesn't stay on. It goes off immediately. Edit: I clicked Channels if memory serves. I have yet to see Media Portal client show me the TV channel list.

#2 screenshot:
    tvguide.jpg

Edit: tvguide.xml is populated with 9 MiB of data and Media Portal server acknowledges 23 channels and 4776 programs. Using the XmlTv plugin for EPG.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It looks like some kind of issue related to channel groups (...though your database access also seems to be quite slow).

What TV and radio channel groups do you have?
    You should have at least an "all channels" group for each...

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    DB access shouldn't be slow but it certainly feels that way. The connection between client/server moves large files at 105 MB/s. It takes longer than I'd expect, for example, to start a radio stream.

Radio has genres (e.g. Country, Adult Contemporary, etc.)
    TV only has All Channels

Edit: I added All Channels back for Radio and it seems some of the problems are fixed.

Edit: How can I schedule a radio recording? Advanced record only shows TV channels.

Edit: #1, #2, and #3 appear to be fixed.

Edit: it takes about 10-15 seconds to start a steam. Where are you seeing the DB statastics? I might know why it is slow but I need to know if it makes a difference.

TV has no audio.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    DB access shouldn't be slow but it certainly feels that way. The connection between client/server moves large files at 105 MB/s. It takes longer than I'd expect, for example, to start a radio stream.
    Could this be slow DNS? If so, change your configuration to specify the server's IP address rather than hostname in MediaPortal configuration and in your gentle.config (DB connection configuration file):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_//_Database_Connection#Database_Connection

I added All Channels back for Radio and it seems some of the problems are fixed.
    (facepalm)
    You should not delete the all channels groups. Delete is disabled in TV Server configuration for a reason!
    If you don't want to see those groups, there are "hide" options in MediaPortal configuration:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...al_Configuration/22_TV/2_Radio#Channel_Groups
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...l_Configuration/22_TV/TV_Client#Group_Options

I know that doesn't help with Kodi. You'll need to contact the Kodi plugin developer if you need those options there.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Edit: it takes about 10-15 seconds to start a steam.
    If you want help with this then please post full log files from client (debug tool):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

...and server so that I can check where the delay actually is.

Where are you seeing the DB statastics? I might know why it is slow but I need to know if it makes a difference.
    I'm simply looking at how long the query for the channel list took in the log file. There are no stats.

TV has no audio.
    Almost certainly because you haven't configured codecs:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Hostname is the IP: 192.168.0.128
    Test Connection is successful

MySQL though is connecting to SERVER and the lag could be coming from that. Because SERVER is a domain controller, accessing it by name is slow because it requires a handshake first (takes 5 seconds probably). I tried changing it to 192.168.0.1 but MySQL didn't like that. I tried changing it to 127.0.0.1 on the server and it didn't like that either. I was forced to set it back to SERVER. Any tips on how to get MySQL to run on localhost on SERVER and connect to it via IP?

(facepalm)
    You should not delete the all channels groups. Delete is disabled in TV Server configuration for a reason!
    But it wasn't, I swear!

I'm looking into the other stuff still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom