Radio recording, TV guide, TV tuning client problems (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Because SERVER is a domain controller...
    This goes over my head, and it's one reason why we have the server support popup that you asked about removing. ;)

All I can say is that MediaPortal (and presumably Kodi too) have to access the database directly for some functions. Therefore the database has to be accessible from the network, not just to TV Server running on the same PC.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @FordGT90Concept ,

I (and many others) am running a Server 2012 environment here without any problems. There is no difference between name or IP in addressing the server, which by the way is not a "handshaking" process but subject to DNS name resolution. The latter can either be done by the server itself (by default) or in a private environment rather the router.

If DNS is taking time then the installation is not OK.

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I added bind-address=192.168.0.128 to the [mysqld] section of my.inf and restarted the service. I ran TV-Server configurator, it noticed it could no longer connect, I changed SERVER to 192.168.0.128 and it successfully connected. That issue should be resolved...

Edit: It is not. Still slow. Radio is actually noticeably slower than TV to tune.

TV audio still isn't working either. Codecs looks exactly like this picture except Audio renderer is Default DirectSound Device (at present, that should be Schiit Modi):
    =TVCodecs.png

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    There's no WatchDog on the server so are you talking about just zipping up the log directory on TV-Server?

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    TV isn't bad. I counted almost 20 seconds for the radio stream to start.

Attachments

• server.zip
      9.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    [2015-06-05 01:25:31,412] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): View channel=105.3 KIWA
    [2015-06-05 01:25:31,426] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): Stop g_Player
    [2015-06-05 01:25:31,432] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.Stop() - keepExclusiveModeOn = True
    [2015-06-05 01:25:31,447] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - CiMenu: PrepareCiMenu
    [2015-06-05 01:25:34,750] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - succeeded:confused:ucceeded TvControl.VirtualCard
    [2015-06-05 01:25:55,765] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay

This is an old/known issue/trick. Please try to disable IPv6 protocol on the network adaptors.

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Just the server or server and clients?

Edit: Disabling server IPv6 dropped it down to about 3 seconds...I think that is sufficient.

So there's only two one zero outstanding issues now:
    1) TV still has no audio.
    Configurator -> Codecs and renderers -> TV Codecs -> MPEG / AC3 Audio select LAV, click on box to the left -> Formats tab -> check all the boxes!

2) how to schedule recordings for FM stations?
    Not an ideal solution but I created a dummy NTSC TV recording, went into MySQL table, and edited the channel ID to point to the FM channel instead of NTSC channel. While I was at it, I changed all the pre and post record intervals to one minute (advantage of being on a domain controller is time gets sync'd frequently) and also gave all three manual schedules good names.

Note: because of binding MySQL to a different address, I had to update the links to the MySQL console to include -h 192.168.0.128 in order for the console to find the server.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom