Radio streaming - no sound when trying to playback streaming/asx radio stream (1 Viewer)

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi:

I'm using MP 0.2.2.0 (no SVN), and when attempting to playback an internet radio stream (http://www.yes933.sg/asx/fm933.asx), while the streaming appears to be downloaded correctly, and start playback (the playback time counter starts counting), I hear no sound at all.

The radio was configured under Radio, and I added a steaming channel, with the URL as mentioned above. I'm XP SP2 and MP 0.2.2.0, with WMP11 installed.

Initially, I tried playback of the stream in WMP11, and there's no sound as well. A check on the web uncovered this : http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1666490 - I followed one of the suggestion under WMP11 --> Tools --> Options --> Device Settings --> Speaker and changed the driver/renderer to my RealTek audio (originally it was at DirectSound which I believe was the DirectX wrapper), and hey presto I got the sound under WMP11 and the stream played OK.

However, restarting MediaPortal and my PC, there's still no sound under MP. My guess is because MP was trying to use the DirectX wrapper and that's why - I see no option to choose the audio renderer for radio (tho it's there for DVD/Movies/Music).

I actually tried downgrading to WMP10 but still no sound under MP...

Anyone encountered this or have any ideas?

Thanks!

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD X2 4600+
HDD: Seagate, 320GB
Memory: 1GB DDR2 667MHz CL5
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nVidia 7300GS
Video Card Driver: