Radio Webstream Card (help request) (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I normally listen to internet radio using the TuneIn/Radio Time plugin but it is not yet compatible with 1.16pr that I am testing on my HTPC, so I decided to try out the Radio Webstream Card in the TV server. I have tried several different internet radio stations and settings without success, nothing seems to work. I have also tested, again without getting anything to work on my Desktop PC which is running the 1.15 release version of MP and the attached screenshots, showing something of the setup and error, plus the attached logs are from that PC.
    If I use the URL of the station in the example screenshots and logs in my browser it plays OK via VLC.
    Hopefully someone can help me out on this, thanks in advance.
    radio1.jpg radio2.jpg radio3.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi joecrow

Hopefully someone can help me out on this, thanks in advance.
    Sure, I can help.

In short: the problem is the URL (address) that you're using.
    As you can see, the www.rockantenne.de/webradio/rockantenne.m3u address is for an M3U file. M3U files are playlist files. It seems the radio webstream tuner (actually it's the BASS audio engine/player) doesn't support directly playing playlists. So, if you want it to work, you have to extract the URLs from inside the playlist. M3U playlist files can be opened in any text editor (notepad etc.). So, download the M3U file and open it in your favourite text editor. If you do that, you'll find the following contents:

...and that's all. Actually that may even be an invalid M3U file, but whatever. The point is that you have now found the correct URL to use. Create a radio webstream channel with that URL and it will work. I tested. ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks. I confirm that works and using the same method I can add other stations/channels(y). No luck with BBC radio though, I can't find any URLs other than those used by their own player (Iplayer) which don't work, any ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No luck with BBC radio though, I can't find any URLs other than those used by their own player (Iplayer) which don't work, any ideas?
    Sorry, I can't help you without more detail. Keep in mind I've never used the plugin you use, nor am I a BBC radio listener. You're going to need to at least provide a link to the stream you're talking about.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, if you go to www.bbc.com and on the menu select More/Radio then click on "4" then "Listen Live" a player pops up and this URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_fourfm is what appears in it when playing. To the best of my knowledge BBC 4 radio is available worldwide without restrictions, but using that URL in Radio Webstream card does not work sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom