RAM Disk Advice (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have set up my RAM Disk as per the above and it works fantastically. Thanks very much for everyone's help.
Channels changes certainly feel much quicker now - particularly the HD ones.

Alex

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've often wondered if seperate directories/files would be best for a multi tuner/multi client setup....

Trying to think of the pros/cons of doing it either way??

I had a weird one last night, where I was watching BBC One, changed to ITV...but BBC one was still displayed...Only way to fix it was to stop live TV, and then reselect ITV and it worked.

J.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If someone is interested in an open source Ram Disk Software without any limitations in size please have a look at IMDisk. This nice piece of software not only is a really fast RAM Disk software, it can replace Programs like Daemon Tools also. I'm using it a long time now, works rock solid. In German part of the forum I have written a little HowTo. My English isn't good enough to translate this completely, but if someone needs a little advice I'll try to help as good as I can...

It's working on all Windows OS (x86 and x64) since Windows 2000, can access 4GB++ RAM on x86 systems and you can use small image files (e.g. 10 MB) with all your directories stored in an expand it in real time to every size you like. This will massive speed up creation time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom