Random Connection to TV server unsuccessful (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Played a videogame on steam, fired up Media Portal to watch TV after and got the dreaded message. It was resolved after a server reboot, but the server is in the loft and I would like to know the cause to try and stop again. Client and Server logs attached. Problem occurred about 22:40 29/06/2015

Attachments

• client files.zip
      577.2 KB
    • server files.zip
      26.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I hope you're well! :)

As always, thanks for reporting. I truly appreciate it. (y)

I see what you mean. It looks like the client drops the connection to the server during channel selection (BBC Two HD) at around 22:32. I suspect the server crashed at that point for some reason. Unfortunately the server logs start at almost 23:00 and don't include the Windows application event log. Therefore I can't be sure what happened.

Are you able to collect and post the older TV service logs and the Windows application event log from the server?

Warm regards,
    mm

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hey there,

I got more logs from the server and the windows event log of an issue at 23:00 hours. Everything is fine this kind of thing happens only once in a while but in the pursuit of excellence would be good to eliminate all issues

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks

The TV Server logs are good. They show successful tuning [for BBC 2 HD at 22:32]... and then abruptly end... without any error. Next thing I see is TV Server starting again, so clearly TV Server dies somehow at that time.

This is when I turn to the Windows application event log. The only entry in the log that you posted is from 21:58, which is way before 22:32. Are there no other entries in the log?

Regards,
    mm

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm not exactly sure what I am looking for in the Windows application event log. There was one event on that day at 23.00 thats what I uploaded, the next closest event was about a month before that....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not exactly sure what I am looking for in the Windows application event log.
    I'd be looking for an error entry at or around the time TV Server crashed which would give the details of the cause of the crash. If there's no such entry then I start to suspect something like this:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...he-target-machine-actively-refused-it.129178/

TL;DR: TV Server shuts down due to hard-coded exit()s for certain error conditions in the live555 library we use [for the RTSP streaming server etc.]. We haven't been able to get to the bottom of why live555 occasionally has a problem.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm not exactly sure what I am looking for in the Windows application event log.
    I'd be looking for an error entry at or around the time TV Server crashed which would give the details of the cause of the crash. If there's no such entry then I start to suspect something like this:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...he-target-machine-actively-refused-it.129178/

TL;DR: TV Server shuts down due to hard-coded exit()s for certain error conditions in the live555 library we use [for the RTSP streaming server etc.]. We haven't been able to get to the bottom of why live555 occasionally has a problem.

WAIT, are you telling me I am at the cutting edge of MP debugging with an issue even the mighty mm cant fix? If so, feels good man!

Let it be known that I can put up with the very occasional problem like this in exchange for the fantastic service MP provides.

Thanks to all that contribute to this service

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WAIT, are you telling me I am at the cutting edge of MP debugging with an issue even the mighty mm cant fix?
    Yep, pretty much. :D

My advice would be to keep an eye on that other thread. That'll be where progress is made.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom