Random failures to tune scrambled DVB-S channel (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Will also try it.

would it possible to see the patch, that would make it a lot easier to understand what it's supposed to fix?

Here's the diff / patch.
    Sorry to bother you again, but I think you forgot to attach it.

No problem. I was just going to sleep and didnt check if the attachment was added correctly. Seems that .patch is not a valid file extension and the file was not uploaded.

previous post updated...

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tested the patch and it's not a "cure" for the failure to activate the CAM. Don't konw if that was your intention. Will continue to debug the PMT data tha tis sent to the CAM - makihng sure it's the same data sent when it fails and when it works. Or is there any other theory why this error is returned?

I assume we only want to have the retry loop there as the last resort.

Any way to get a spec of Twinhan's API?

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I have a similar problem with a channel (Canal Sat Hight Tech), the preview on TV-Server works randomly, in MP it works at 90% when it's the first channel I choose when entering My TV and it fails at 100% when I switch from another channel to this one....
    Do you think it's the same problem?
    Thanks

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Upload your logs and we'll see. Also try setup the timeouts to wati for "unscrambled signal" and "timeshift file" in "TvServer Setup"

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I already tried to play a little bit with these 2 parameters, increasing the "wai unscrambled signal" from 5 to 10 works better but it's not working all the time. The other parameters doesn't seem to change anything ( tried 20 or 30).
    I attach the logs.
    Thanks

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ced007: Try to increase even a alittle bit more. Can't see any problems(error messages from the card or CAM) in your logs except that the timeout expires and it bails out.

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    PATCH: Return result from Twinhan::sendPMT

Hi Tourettes,

Return result from Twinhan::sendPMT just like all the other 'sendPMT' functions. This will cause
    the sendPMT function to be called again on next PMT received.

/ Magnus

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Tourettes,

have been running all weekend with your patch and channel zapping now works very nice and the logs look good.

There is however still a problem when starting to watch a channel without one previously running. Think the best way for now is to return false from Twinhan::confused:endPMT see previous post.

At the same time I would like to add three additional patches. See attached.
    1. SignalQuality - a simple copy & paster error. Not critical.
    2. THSendPMT_remove_unused_args - Remove unused parameters in Twinhan::sendPMT and the code used to calculate them.
    3. ImproveTimeoutLog - write a log message when the wait for PMT has timedout and suggest user to increase the PMT timeout value

Finally, one patch with all of the four suggested changes including your patch.

It would of course be very nice to be able to figure out why the TwinHan::sendPMT function fails. It's not annoying when it has to retry since it takes time. But I think this is a good start to at least be able to tune and setup the timeout values as a workaround to the problem.

/ Magnus

Attachments

• all.patch
      30.6 KB

GagReflex

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I've been testing the patch, and things do seem to have improved.. Blaudden, what setting do you have set for 'wait for unscrambled' etc??. I might set mine the same so we're testing with the same settings.

Thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom