Randomly doesn't record (1 Viewer)

Guy Incognito

Portal Member
July 16, 2011
Home Country
G'day,
After a little help with my MP setup. I have a few issues, but for this thread, MP will randomly stop recording and won't record again until I restart my computer. No matter if a recording is scheduled or I try to record immediately it just won't record anything. Logs attached, thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Guy

All your TV Server log files are full of the following 2 lines repeated over and over again:
    [2015-10-26 05:14:26,095] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - DeleteRecordingOnDisk: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\The Batman\The Batman - SE -.ts'
    [2015-10-26 05:14:26,097] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - diskmanagement: Delete episode TvDatabase.Channel The Batman Tuesday, 1 September 2015 9:53:07 AM

I'd have to assume that is the reason why TV Server is currently not recording.

Does that file (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\The Batman\The Batman - SE -.ts) exist on your HDD? ...or did you move or delete it?

Guy Incognito

Portal Member
    July 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for all your help mm. There is no folder 'recordings' in the MediaPortal TV Server folder. Why would it be looking there for a recording?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is no folder 'recordings' in the MediaPortal TV Server folder.
    Are you sure you're looking in the right place? It is ProgramData not Program files. Normally Windows hides the ProgramData folder. You can copy + paste the path into the address bar in Windows Explorer in order to find it...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Please try creating the "recordings" folder within C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server, then reboot the PC. I can't be sure that will stop the problem for good, because like I said there was nothing in your log files except those messages. However, if the problem reoccurs then I'll be happy to examine fresh log files.

Guy Incognito

Portal Member
    July 16, 2011
    Home Country
    I've already rebooted and it works again, as it always does. But I'll create the folder and hopefully it's stop randomly failing to record. Cheers.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hello again Guy

All your TV Server log files are full of the following 2 lines repeated over and over again:
    [2015-10-26 05:14:26,095] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - DeleteRecordingOnDisk: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\The Batman\The Batman - SE -.ts'
    [2015-10-26 05:14:26,097] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - diskmanagement: Delete episode TvDatabase.Channel The Batman Tuesday, 1 September 2015 9:53:07 AM

I'd have to assume that is the reason why TV Server is currently not recording.

Does that file (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\The Batman\The Batman - SE -.ts) exist on your HDD? ...or did you move or delete it?

This is the same issue what @morpheus_xx is resolved in MP2 + TVE. Can we apply to MP1 too?

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not sure, but I possibly have a related problem. (No logs)
    It seems there is an entry in "Recorded TV" from time to time where the file is missing. (Once every 2 weeks?)
    Obviously, it won't play. It also can't be deleted. I have to use the Database tab inside Recordings of TV server.

I haven't thought too much about it, but the next time I'll try to pin it down better. But usually I don't discover it happened for some days after the fact. I haven't been fiddling with the system lately.

I only bring this up to let mm1352000 know something peculiar may be happening. MP1.12, Windows 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom