Rating problems (1 Viewer)

Cault

October 19, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hello,
first of all, thanks for this awesome plugin, it is doing everything i wished for.

I have a problem though: the imdb rating are not displaid properly. But when I am in MP, all movies have a rating of 10 stars. When I go into a movie page (with summary and actors...) rating is not displaid (the 10 stars are here but not the real rating).

The rating is present and correct in the DB but I had a problem during the first update: no decimals were applied. For example, a movie with a rating of 7,8 will have a rating of 78 in the DB (at that moment I had the best movie collection ever, every movie was a 10 :D ). I though this error was the problem with MP so I removed my watch folders and added them again. This time importation went fine but the error in MP is still here.

What do I need to do to have a normal display?

:D Thanks for your help :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well with the latest release (0.5.5c) you should be pulling SOME ratings, but there is a bug in the script that causes no data to be retrieved for some (many?) movies. The upcoming new release should correct these problems for you, on my test machine I dont remember seeing any missing ratings (although I will double check).

Cault

October 19, 2008
Home Country
France France
The ratings are downloaded and I can see them in the database (configuration).
It is when i scroll movies in MP that rating do not show (I cannot see the 7,8 of my example) and all movies display 10 stars.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Ah I see. I assume you're system's locale is set to France (or something similar)? Probably what is happening is the values are loaded properly into the database, but when they are written to the skin, it is using your locale to format the decimal as 7,8 rather than 7.8. Then when the skin passes 7,8 to the imagelist control, it isn't sophisticated enough to handle numerical formatting of that type. Does this sound like it might be the issue based on the behavior you are seeing?

If this is the problem, it should be easy to reproduce and fix. I have created an issue for it on our tracker here, it is currently scheduled to be fixed in the next release.

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yah, i think thats the case! I have the same problem and i use swedish regional settings.

Hehe, funny thing there.. got the same problem with a VMC tvseries plugin while beta testing it,.. same problem then but he managed to fix it, and probably you will to :)

btw, Love this plugin & i really looking forward to the upcoming release!

/maiky

nightfox89

Portal Member
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, what I always do is adjusting the rating to a single decimal. So a 7,8 would be a 8.

That way all of my ratings are displayed correctly.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    How can i adjust the rating to single decimal?

Yeah, for now as a temporary work around, in the config screen, changing the rating field to a single digit with no decimal or comma would fix the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom